Chapter 5

A/N: SORRY SORRY SORRY!!!! I was at the week long camp that made me so this last week and I had practice today and ugh.. well I'm back now so on with life.

By Friday school was normal not much went on. Draco want around much bit it probably had to do with that Dark Mark.

I walked down from the common room to breakfast reading Hogwarts, A History. I wasn't looking where I was going so I walked into someone. 'Who?' Draco freaking Malfoy.

"Hey," I say standing after having my book that had fallen out my hand when I fell. He had as well.

"Hey Kat," he said getting to his feet. "You really need to get your head out your books for once," he paused and looked at the title. "Haven't you read that already?"

"One can never read a book to many times," I say as we walk to the Great Hall. "A nerd. Just a huge nerd," he says with an exaggerated sigh.

"Why thank you Mr. Malfoy. I quite take pleasure in what you call being a 'huge nerd'," I say whilst watching him laugh at my dad's fancy accent.

"What was that?" He asked.

"My impression of you," I say.

"Yeah okay. Just keep telling yourself that, Princess," he says.

I roll my eyes. "Don't call me princess."

"I said I wouldn't call you Kitty I said nothing else about other nicknames."

"Oh shut up you blond ferret."

"One time. I was a ferret for a very very short time and now you love calling me one," he sighs as we enter the Great Hall.

"Give me new material and I'll come up with a new nickname."

"You, Kat, are evil. Just pure evil," he says walking backwards to his table.

"Thanks," I say before sitting down with Neville.

He sat with his cronies.

"Why were you talking to Malfoy?" Neville asks surprised.

"Testing a theory," I say.

"And what is it?"

"Is he who people say he is," I say and then take a swig of my pumpkin juice.

"Yes. Kat. He is exactly who people think he is."

"That's just what people tell you to think but I think he's something else."

"What?"

"Never mind. I can barely comprehend what I just said," I say with a short laugh.

He smiled. "You're insane. Do you know that?" He asks.

"I only hear it everyday of my life," I smile before getting up and leaving the Great Hall. I had sometime before Defense Against the Dark Arts so I walked through the castle.

"He's the reason you got detention. You shouldn't try to be his friend. He-he's Malfoy," Harry said as we sat in the common room.
"I know but I wanna see if he's really, you know, that shallow," I say.
"He is Kat."
"Why does everyone keep saying that?" I say, falling back on the couch, over dramatically.
"Because it's true and you know it," Harry says.

I snap out my thoughts as I walk into a wall. A wall. "Ow!" I shout before hearing someone run around the corner. I turn to see.....