Judy stopped kicking and Nick studiously avoided looking at her butt as he spoke.

"How did you even get caught in there? I thought your whiskers were supposed to keep this from happening."

Nick suddenly realized there was a faint odd smell in the air. He sniffed and tried to identify it while Judy spoke. "Yeah well... I think my belt is caught. It isn't like my whiskers can adjust for that, right? Can you help me get it off?"

Except Nick was barely listening, again mesmerized by Judy's fluffy white tail as it shifted back and forth. Get it off. Wait, what? Oh, her belt. Right.

"Sure." Nick hesitantly craned his neck around, looking at Judy's belt from all angles. Most of the belt was visible, but the buckle wasn't. Nick murmured, "Sorry, Fluff," and reached delicately into the tiny crevice next to her left thigh and worked at digging the front of her belt out with his claw. The odd smell intensified when Nick slowly pulled on the belt.

Nick huffed while he helped her wiggle out of the belt, which he finally managed to pull through to his side after she had removed some of the pouches and holders, but she was still jammed in the hole. Her pants had ridden low, and Nick could see her gray fur peeking out as well as a hint of her black underpants. "My vest is in the way too, let me see if I can take that off."

Good grief, she's practically doing a striptease right in front of me.

As Nick continued to watch Judy struggle, he noticed the wood surrounding the hole was starting to get damp from the rain. Uh oh. If the water makes the wood expand--

As if on cue, Judy said, "Cripes, Nick, I swear this hole is getting tighter," Nick started to reply when he heard a vehicle drive up outside.

A door slammed and Nick heard Francine shout, "Nick? Judy?"

"Relax Fluffbuuu.... you should stay here while I go talk to Francine."

Judy didn't bother trying to mask her annoyance. "Yeah, I was gonna leave, but since you told me to stay--"

"That's a good bunny."

He started to pat her butt and froze, before he turned to climb back outside. What the hell is wrong with me?

Nick quickly explained the situation to Francine, and how he was worried the wood was expanding because of the rain. He was surprised when the elephant blushed and said, "Be right back." She returned to the cruiser and met him at the hole entrance carrying a large colorful bag with the words, 'Happy Birthday' splashed across the side.

Francine looked sternly at Nick. "Let me make this clear, fox. If you start teasing, or tell anyone about this, ANYONE," she paused and then continued, punctuating each word with a jab of her trunk, "I... will... SMASH... you."

Nick swallowed and nodded. "Ok."

Francine pulled a container from the festive bag and placed it on the ground. Nick eyed the container, which was almost large enough for him to crawl into, before he read the label and his jaw dropped open:

Elephantasy Glide (Strawberry Flavor)

"Is that--" he froze when Francine glared at him, balling up the end of her trunk and menacingly swinging it through the air over his head once, like a hammer. Nick swallowed again. "Right. Smash. Got it."

Nick struggled with the container before Francine rolled her eyes and picked it up again. Nick hurried back inside the hole and looked out at the elephant as the rainfall intensified. "I don't think it'll fit, and it's too crowded inside here anyway."