Sick

Over the next few weeks we had began packing and moving things into a bigger house on base, we had decided to name our son walker. I had already been discharged but I would still spend the day at the training yard, watching. When I wasn't at the training yard I was either shopping for baby things or cleaning and packing and going from one house to the other. We only had a few boxes, our bed and clothes left to move.
I was at the new house putting things in the wall in walkers nursery when Jordan came in with some more decorations. We had decided to do the baby's room in safari themed things, when I'd finished hanging everything and Jordan had the crib set up we walked out of the room to the kitchen, I was happy this house was all one story, walking up and down steps really killed my back.

The rest of the day Jordan brought boxes to the new house. I'd decided to go to the store to get some more cleaners, this would be our first night here. I walked outside and seen Laura sitting on her deck, she and wade had moved in next door to us, other than them their were only two other families in the circle of houses, both had smaller children.
When I was in my new Jeep Patriot I headed towards the store, I found what I needed and headed home.

When everything was clean I started hanging things on the walls through the house, everything was done in rustic Americana things, I didn't like having a light airy home, the kitchen was bright but the rest of the house was dim, walls filled with decorations.
When our bed was put together I went in and started putting clothes away, I bent down to pick up a box and pain ran along my stomach, I held my belly and whimpered. Jordan  rushed over to me,
"What is it?" He asked panicked.
"I'm okay."
I stood as straight as I could but my stomach felt tight now, and the baby was putting a lot of pressure on me, I decided to rest for the remainder of the evening, I made a quick dinner, tacos, and curled up on the couch.

When I woke up the next morning I didn't move for a while, I felt drained, I had no energy at all. I rolled onto my side and pulled my phone off the coffee table in front of the couch. The time said it was nearly 11:30am. When I finally felt like moving I sat up, my stomach tightened up again.
The pain went away quickly so I brushed it off as Braxton hicks contractions, they were common towards the end of pregnancy.

I spent the day lounging around, around 5 I started dinner for Jordan, when he got home he was in a really bad mood, I didn't push him on the subject. I didn't want it to start a fight between us. He went and got a shower, I waited for him to come out for about an hour when I decided to go in and see what was wrong.
When I pushed the bathroom door open he was sitting on the floor, a towel draped over him.
"Are you okay?"
He didn't say anything, I stood there for a few minutes.
"My moms sick."
He said in a shaken voice.
I knelt down beside him and wrapped my arms around him.
"They found a spot on her lungs..."
"Listen." I pulled his face to mine.
"My grandma beat lung and brain cancer..your mom is a very strong woman. She will fight."
Jordan got up from the bathroom floor and wrapped his arms around me.
"Do you feel like eating?" I asked him
"No."
He went to our bedroom and shut the door, I went to clean up the dinner dishes then got ready for bed.
"I want to push up the wedding date."
"When?" Jordan asked.
"Maybe next weekend?"
Jordan hook my hand and tugged be down to the bed where he was sitting.
For a while we talked about our previous wedding plans, and things we would have to change.

I didn't get much sleep last night due to everything going on, I knew the stress wasn't good for the baby, so I planned on going shopping today to keep my mind occupied.
When I was showered and dressed I walked through the base to one of the small shops, it was an army navy store.
I went to the back to look at boots first, I found a pair of baby booties that looked like combat boots, I fell in love with them instantly, I found a little camouflage outfit that matched the baby booties, I knew Jordan would like them as much as I did.
I paid for my items then went to get something to eat.
I walked around for a while and ate my ice cream cone, thinking about how much better it would be if I'd had some pepperoni to go with it, when I got to the training yard I sat down at the picnic table and watched all the recruits.
I missed training a lot, I was so bored sitting at home all day. I knew when the baby came he would keep me on my toes. I was excited, about getting up in the middle of the night and everything.
I smiled, getting lost in my thoughts, I didn't even notice when Mr. Collins had sat down beside me.
"Little guy is getting pretty big, huh."
I jumped when he spoke.
"He sure is." I laughed.
"So how is she?"
He knew what I was talking about.
"She went to see a doctor today, she is going to be fine, they said it's not serious."
I let out a sigh of relief.
"Jordan and I decided to push the wedding to next weekend."
He nodded.
When I looked up I saw Jordan walking towards us, his eyes on his father.
"What's wrong?" He asked.
"Nothing, nothing. Just walking around. Gets stuffy in the office." He said with a smile.

When training was over, Jordan and I walked home together, I felt so happy at that moment. Here, with him, and our son, who I couldn't wait to meet. My heart was filled with so much love.