Chapter 4

Mom dropped me off at Webb Stables and I walked inside. I walked to Honey's stall. Zoe will be comming tomorrow. I tacked her up and led her to the back arena. Seth was in there too. I walked in and mounted Honey.

  "Hey, Crystal. Happy Birthday!" He said.

  "Thanks." I smiled.

  "I-I have something for you. Its in my tack area. I'll get it after I finish riding." He said. I think he might like me.

  "Okay, cool. Thanks." I smiled. I lined up for a jump and then flew over the jump. I couldn't ask for anything else than riding a horse on my birthday.

  I think I will do a 3 foot jump. I don't do these often. I have seen Zoe jumping over them with ease on honey. It should not be too hard. It wasn't. I cleared the jump and looked over at the railing. A girl with desiner jeans and boots was looking over at Seth. She then looked over at me and gave me a death glare. Kathern.

  Why does she hate me? I haven't done anything to her. She was now talking to Seth. It kinda made me jelous. Okay, it made me really jelous. Seth got off his horse and walked out with Kathern. I sighed and went back to jumping. I flew over multiple jumps. Seth came back. He had a little rapped Box in his hand.

  "Hey, Crystal. I have your birthday present. I hope you like it." He said. I walked my horse over there and dismounted. I grabbed the small Box from his hand, mine slightly touching his. I opened the box. Inside was a silver necklace with a blueish silver horse shoe charm.

  "Thanks. I love it." I smiled.

  "Welcome." He replied. He opened his mouth to say something else, but Katerin stoped him.

  "I thought you were going to unsaddle my horse for me." She said to Seth.
  "How about you do it." Seth said.

  "But, my finger. I can't lift a heavy saddle with my hand." She winned and held up her hand which had a finger cast on her pointer finger. 

  "Ask One of the workers." He said.

  "What a great idea," she smirked. "Crystal, can you unsaddle my horse." She asked me. My sholders dropped. I have to, it my job. And she is one of the most experenecd riders in the stables. She can get me fired and kicked out in half a second.

  "Yeah." I faked smiled and put the box with the necklace in the tack room. Then I walked over to her horse, Grey. I started to unsaddle the big gray and black horse.

  "Don't forget to groom her. I can't hold a brush with my hand." She said to me. I brushed her horse and put the horse in her stall. I went back to honey, which I tied up to the railing by the arena. Seth was no where to be seen. He must have left. I untacked honey and put her in her stall.

  I started my chores, feding the horses and sweeping the tack rooms. I wondered what Seth was going to say? I remembered the box was in the tack room across the Hall. I finished sweeping the one I was in and went to the other one to get my necklace. Bit one problem, it wasn't there. I looked all over room for it. I was freaking out at this point.

  "Okay, calm down. Maybe I put it in in the other tack room." I said, trying to calm myself. I searched all over the room for it. But I has the same results.

  "Where is the dang thing?" I hissed. I then saw Lacey walking up to me.

  "Hey, big sis. Mom's here. Come on." She said.

  "Okay. I'll be there in a second." I said to my little sister and searched the tack room once more. I didn't find the necklace. I walked out the stables and saw Seth talking to Katerin. Why does he always talk to her? He looked over at me and smiled. Then he walked over to me.

  "Did you read the note?" He asked me. What note? There must have been a note in the box.

  "No, I-I can't find the box. I left it in one of the tack rooms and when I came back the box was gone. Sorry." I said.

  "Its okay." He smiled.

  "What dos the note say?" I asked.

  "Do you want to out with me?"