Chapter 2

I have to keep my horse at Mrs. Jane's barn for a few more days. I named the mare Smokin'. I went over there every day. Then I would go to Webb stables to ride Honey. Zoe comes back tomorrow morning. Mom drove me over there. I climed out of the car.

"Thanks. Pick me at 12." I said. I went to the barn.

"Hi, Crystal." Mrs. Jane smiled.

"Hello, Mrs. Jane!" I exclaimed. She was grooming a horse I didn't reconise. I went to Smokin's stall. I gave her a treat and started to stadle her. I pulled her out of her stall and walked to the outside arena. I mounted her and started to warm her up. She is still not completely warmed up to me. I started troting around and then started a trail pattern. I noticed someone comeing into the arena. That must be Mrs. Janes daugher, Lexi. She was at camp.

"Hi, you must be Crystal. I'm Lexi." She smiled.

"Yeah, nice to meet you. So, you been at camp?" I asked. She mounted and walked over to me.

"Yes, it is an all gorse camp called Gorse Ranch. I loved it." She said.

"Thats awesome!" I said.

"Yes. You bought Smokin'?" She asked.

"Yeah. She is a really good horse." I smiled. We talked and rode our horses until I had to go. I think we will be friends. Mom drove me back home and I fixed me and my little sister a grilled cheeze. Mom has to go to work. We ate and watched tv. We finished and I washed the dishes.

"Can you swim with me?" She asked.

"Yeah, go get Tour swimsuit on. I'll be out there in a few minutes." I said. I got into my swim suit and walked outside. Lacey was sitting in one of the chairs, waiting for me.

"Jump in with me!" She said and grabbed my hand. We went over to the deep end and jumped off. My head went under the warmish water. We started swiming and splashing. We sean for an hour, until I had to go to Webb Stables. I dried off and got my riding clothes on. I braded my hair into two pig tail brades on eather side of my head. I was about to go out of the house, when Lacey caught me.

"Can I come?" She asked.

"I dont know if Jade will be there, but sure." I said. She walked outside with me and we rode out bikes to the Stables. It turned out Jade was there. They started hanging out by Jades horses stall. I saw Seth saddling his horse.

We have actually been talking some. He normally roses in the morning, but I guess he is now riding in the afternoon. When people have horses here, they either rode in thw afternoon or morning. I do both, I jist jave to show up to get paied. And, well, do work.

Another girl who rides here, Katerin Moss, was talking to him. I got honey out of her stall and saddled her. We went info the back arena, where Seth is, and started riding around.

"So, I hear your birthday is tomorrow." He says.

"Yeah, my parents just bought me a horse of my own." I said with a huge smile on my face.

"Thats great!" He said.

"Yes. I'll transporte her here in, like, two days." I said.

"Awesome." He said. We rode and talked for a while. We got off our horses and unsaddled them. Seth's mom picked him up and I got Lacey. Katerin came over to me right before I on my bike.

"Stay off Seth. He's mine." She said, stomped on my foot and walked off. Ouch, that really hurt. Dos she use her apura? I got on my bike and I struggled to get home. I tried not to show that I was hurt. I didnt want Lacey to get worried. We got home at 6:15. I layed down on my bed and put some ice on my foot.

Why does she think I would want Seth. Yeah, he is nice and sweet. He is eazy to talk to. He is cute and has adorable, brown hair. I think I might have a crush on him.