Time for the truth

Start from the beginning

"I will show you first" he said. He pulled on his boxers and stood in front of me, he released a set of beautiful white and silver wings. I sat their shocked, he is part demon and angel. I was not expecting this. He looks beautiful. I slid out of the bed and wrapped the sheet around me. I moved towards him and gently stroke his wings, they are so beautiful up close with silver feathers running through the white ones. I walked behind him and trailed my fingers across them, amazed. Til I was standing in front of him again.

"They are stunning Brax" I said.

"Just like yours are" he said smiling as he leaned down and placed a gentle kiss on my lips before he pulled back his wings.

"So your half angel and half demon?" I asked.

"Yeah, my father is a demon and my mother was an angel, a guardian" he said.

I couldnt help but noticed was when he spoke of his mother, she must be dead.

"What happened?" I asked. We sat back down as he looks at me with pained eyes.

"She was murdered, but for you to understand why I will have to start from the beginning" he said.

"That's okay, start where you need to start" I said taking his hand in mine.

"The way things are now between guardians and demons, it wasnt always like this. Centuries ago we fought side by side with the guardians. We helped destroy the demons that were completely taking by the darkness. My parents worked together, my father knew they were mates but she also found the commander was her mate. My father stepped back like I did, he wanted her to be happy and if that meant her being with him, he would let her go. But the bond between my parents was stronger than her bond with him. She chose my father. Shortly after they mated and had me the commander disappeared. Demons age the same as humans til we hit twenty one, that's when we stop aging. He turned up again after thirty years, but something was different about him. He was stronger and he manipulated everyone around him so easily. I didn't trust him from the start, either did my parents and the other demons. But the guardians and supernaturals took everything he said as gospel. The guardian started to turn their backs on us and that's when he made his move. He tried to manipulated my mother into choosing him. But she didn't react the way he wanted. She didn't choose him because he couldn't have her, he killed her. I let my grief cloud me and I let the darkness in. I wanted to kill him and make him pay for what he took from us. Even with my fathers own grief, he pulled me back before it consumed me. I struggle to hold my rage in and not hunt him down and kill him. After he killed my mother he convinced the guardians and the others, that my mother was leaving my father and in a blind rage he killed my mother because she was leaving him but because she was an angel, they thought it was the start of the demons turning against them, that we were starting a war. Even with the witnesses we had that saw him kill my mother, they wouldn't believe them. So we split into two groups and the commander waged a war against us, he manipulated everyone. The face you see when you used to kill demons is the commanders true face. They thought we were evil, if they saw the commanders true face they would know what evil is" he explained.

I took in everything he just said. It goes against everything I was thought, but I couldnt disagree, I felt the truth of his words and his pain in our bond. It does makes sense tough, it only took a few words for my parents to disown me and think I was evil even tough they saw every day that I wasnt evil, I spent every day with them. But that didn't matter. Its all falling into place.

"I'm so sorry you had to go through all that, that your father had to. I feel horrible, I have killed so many demons over the years, thinking I have done the right thing, that I have saved humans when I'm nothing more than a murderer myself" I said, feeling disguisted with myself.

"No your not Ariel, you didn't know, you have done what you were trained to do, you can't blame yourself, but when you noticed something different you stopped, you could of killed the demons that surfaced a few days ago and you didn't. We all know that the new guardians aren't at fault, you's were not around when we fought together so you wouldn't know what happened, the ones that were around when we used to fight together are the ones we blame for their actions. We saved their lives time after time for them to turn on us, most guardians reject their demons mates straight away out of fear. Some of the guardians have killed themselves because they couldn't fight the bond and feared what the other guardians would do to them, its a mess, but its all down to one person" he said.

This is unbelievable, but what makes all this worse is the secret I have been hiding.

"Brax, I have to tell you something, the commander is my grandfather" I said feeling all the shame that word brings.

hey everyone the next book war of the gods first chapter is up along with another new story called the predator, vote and comment let me know what you think of both :-) thank you xx