:Genius: Chapter Five

Start from the beginning

"The beauty of starting school in the middle of term" I mutter to myself. Apparently, Lucy heard because she looked up and smiled slightly, before putting down her stuff and standing up.

"Right I'll show you your room." She stated pushing me up the stairs.

My room was black and red. Lucy said I could do some art on it, I could do anything to my room as long as it didn't involve extra money that I wasn't paying... So before I got unpacked I moved the wooden single bed and did a little graffiti art on my walls with paint I found in the attic. It was in the confiscated pile showing that not all nerds were goody two shoes.

My school's rebels were the people that blow up someone's room because they looked at them funny.

They were normally spybes, what we called the girls training to become secret agents, they acted like spy wannabes constantly.

I left the walls the same colour, because the matching colour looked sleek and by the the time I was finished with my graffiti art and the unpacking and moving my bed back was 3:00am in the morning. I fell asleep as soon as my head hit the mattress.

The next day the paint was still wet. So I went downstairs and smiled at Lucy. I was greeted with a guilty smile. That was the first sign of trouble. The second was my last bag to unpack was sitting by the nearest chair to the door. That always meant bad news.

“Jane.” Austin smiled, ushering me to a seat.

"We have came to the conclusion that your sharing a room with someone inside the school." She said. My brows furrowed, I knew why they had chosen it, but it was quite sad that I had spent all night decorating my bedroom and I wouldn't even be using it.

"Let me guess...you didn't want the other kids thinking I was getting special treatment because my 'daddy' runs the school." I said. Lucy looked sheepish. I rolled my eyes but I really didn't care, at least I could have a little bit of freedom. It wouldn't be as easy to write my stories though, with prying room mates.

“I went over to the school and picked up your text books, you'll be needing them for tomorrow.” Austin stated. I nodded walked past them, deciding if I didn't have school until the next day, I was going to see what I was going to have to learn.

Settled on my bed I realised I had learned everything in these books when I was about twelve.

I love going to new schools already.

During my days off school, Lucy thought it would be a good idea if I try and catch up with the other students. I agreed, trying hard to keep the sarcastic edge from leaking into. I was really editing my notes I had made. When I write my stories, I always spend a lot of time preparing. First I write notes, then I edit the notes, then I make a first draft, then I edit the first draft and finally I read through and fix grammar and spelling ... I had put my own notebook inside the notebook Austin had given me with the school logo on.

I was interrupted by my phone ringing.

'Hey gurrrl hows the new fam?' - lily sent to me. I smiled and laughed. The one thing that hit home for me was when people used text talk, half of the time it didn't even shorten the word down.

'Good but boring, she's a business women, he's a 'principal' for BSFG.' I replied. BSFG means boarding school for the gifted. We all used it back in Mcceath.

'Spicy, wut yu gon' do?' She asked, about five minutes later.

'Pretend I'm an idiot, like the told me. Mr Linen thought it would be funny to say my parents were rich and I was in a 'special education facility' in the rich school.' I replied. My mobile was pay as you go and I probably didn't have any credit left so I hoped she didn't said anything back.