Ahkmenrah x Mute!Reader

You sat on your bed in your apartment, your A/C humming low in the background. You were writing in a composition book that sat in your lap. It was the only way you communicated feelings. You had stopped talking after "the incident". You rarely thought about it, but when you did your body would shake with tremors and you would black out for several minutes. Yet you never uttered a word.

You loved to write. It was a simple way of saying what you needed to without speaking. Your writing would range from short stories to journal entries, each holding thousands of unsaid words you held in your mind.

A knock on your white, wooden door caused you to look up. A small woman in her fifties stood there, her once jet-black hair now graying slightly. Her smile lines were very defined, since she was the happiest person you knew. She was your neighbor, and would often come over for dinner, or to help you with other things. She was your best, and only, friend. Thankfully, you had given her a key to your apartment so you wouldn't be so alone.

"Hi, (Y/N). I was just heading out to the museum if you wanted to come along? I'm chaperoning a small group of kids from my church," she said. Her name was Bonny. You smiled and nodded, closing your notebook and setting it down. Bonny returned your smile and held out a hand for you. You tentatively took it. You only allowed her to touch you, and that was a very rare occasion.

The two of you made your way out of your apartment, you locked the door, then began the long walk to the subway station. Neither of you could afford cars, you were a librarian while Bonny was a pastor. Those two jobs didn't make much, so you took the train together.

As soon as the two of you made it outside, you were greeted by the delightful New York rain. Bonny groaned while you just sighed. Great. Both of you held your hands above your heads while you ran.

You both reached the subway, panting and completely out of breath. You went and sat on a concrete bench, awaiting the Orange Line train. Bonny pulled out her phone and began tapping away. You cocked your head and raised an eyebrow. She looked at you and chuckled.

"Flappy Bird," she answered simply, before going back to her game. You nodded. You stuck your hands in your jean's pockets and looked around. Stragglers and professional-looking people stood around, playing on their phones, awaiting their trains. You personally didn't like your phone. You only had it because it was a portable notebook. You wouldn't talk to anyone, so what was the point?

Finally, your train arrived. You and Bonny quickly climbed aboard right as the creaking doors slid shut. The two of you grabbed seats right as the train moved forward.

~~~~~~~~

"OK, so I'm going to go meet up with the kids. Wanna come with me?" Bonny asked, looking for something in her purse. She was muttering to herself. You raised an eyebrow. You had grown quite good at using facial expressions, since your voice was never put to use. Bonny waved you off. She then looked to you pointedly. "Well?" You had forgotten the question entirely. So, you just shook your head, hoping it wasn't life or death. Bonny sighed. "Alright, well, I'll see you later.

You and Bonny parted ways, her going to the Civil War exhibit, where her church group awaited her, while you looked at a map on the wall. There was one exhibit that caught your eye, so you began to make your way through the throng of children and their parents.

You eventually made it to the exhibit. The walls were made of a deep gray stone, with large, dark statues of jackal guards stood, well, guard at the door. Columns lined the place, making a pathway, leading to a large, glass case. Inside the case lay a casket. It was made of shining gold, using shades of blue to emphasize the features of a Pharaoh.