Chapter 5: Frosty Memories (Kiyshpie)

I couldn't fall asleep. I kept thinking if we were going to die... I didn't want that to happen... I wanted to get married and have a family... there were so many things I wanted to do. I felt like crying. Tears rolled down my cheeks at the thoughts. I listened to the howling wind. It was loud but relaxing. I turned to look at Mika but he was already sleeping. I turned back and faced the cold rocky wall. I warmed my hands together and blew on them to warm them up. The sound of the wind and the cold reminded him of a memory of them when they were 12.

(Start of flashback)

"Mika look its snowing!" I shouted while pointing out the window.

"Really?! We should go play out there!" Mika said to all the kids and me.

After getting all our snow stuff on we raced outside. The fresh white snow piled up on the ground. Snowflakes fell from the sky. I looked at my family with a smile on my face. They all looked so happy... "Yuu-chan look!" I turned to Mika and saw that he had written all of our names on a clump of snow with a heart around them. I walked over and wrote "Our Family" above it. "Hehehe!"

Mika smiled with mischief as he picked up a clump of snow and chucked it straight at me. It hit me straight in the face, and boy was it cold. "That's it!" I formed a snowball with my hand and chased him around. For the rest of the day we threw snowballs at each other, both hitting and missing. Finally we stopped and it was time to go in. The others, Mika, and I sat around the warm fireplace. The fire crackled as we talked.

"I have Hot chocolate everyone!" The director said as She passed hot chocolate around.

"Be careful its hot!" Mika said , smiling.

"Hey! Its going to be christmas soon what do you all want?" Director asked. "I don't want anything... I just want to stay with my family and never leave!" Mika said. Soon one by one the other kids started shouting "me too!" Or "I'll never leave!". I laughed at my friends and family "Yeah me too" I smiled. (End of flashback)