prologue

It was only a few days ago when it happened, when my whole life changed, when my mother died. It doesn't feel right to be here without her, it feels wrong to be in the town where she grew up when she isn't here. Especially when she never wanted me to visit when she was alive. But I have no choice now.

 I've never met my mothers family, I'd asked about throughout my childhood but i was always left unanswered. My mother was very secretive about her life before I was born and all i knew was that she was unhappy with her life and decided to leave. I realized that no matter how many times I asked, her answer would always be the same, so I stopped. Now she's dead and I am finally getting what i wanted, to discover the life she kept so secret but now I wish I had never gotten the chance to know because that would mean she would still be alive.

Now that's she gone I have to move to a place I have never visited and live with people I have never met while leaving my whole life behind. It feels like a dream, like it isn't real like and that I am going to wake up and my mom's going to be right there reading the newspaper before heading of to work. But I know that's not gonna happen. That things are different now and I know that nothing will ever be the same.