Chapter 3 - The Most Annoying person.

After showering and unpacking most of my stuff, Kristin and I go over to Jesses room to discus where to go for dinner.  Kristin obviously knows the best places on and off campus so we follow her recommendations.  We end up at a cute café just out side of the dorms.  Its warm and inviting, but the thing that really got me was the size of the burgers.  They smell so good that my mouth starts watering. 

  "Lets get you guys some food before you flood the floors with your drool."  Kristin laughs and approaches the counter.

  She orders us all the same thing and pays.  Jesse and I try to protest, but she says it is her way of welcoming us.  We shrug and follow her to sit down.  We talk and laugh for awhile before our number is called.  I tell them that I will go to get it as they continue talking.  Im really glad they are getting along well.  I was super nervous that they would hate each other.  They could tell right away that I was nervous, there for red, but I went from red to bright green once they started laughing. 

  Now I go from bright green to black as I see the one person that I have had enough of walk through the door.  I grab our order and head back to the table.  Jesse and Kristin look at me as they go from bright green to orange.  They must be confused as to why I am angry.  I point over my shoulder to the ass hole that is Connor.  They are still orange but they laugh and blush as he looks over with a smile.

  I roll my eyes as his smile doesn't reach his mood.  His normal hair color hints at him being indifferent.  He must be one of those people when you can never tell how they feel.  The total opposite of me, the person that doesn't even know their real hair color because I ware my heart on my sleeve.  Or more like in my hair, pun intended.  I realize I am staring at him and become embarrassed causing my hair to become white.  Damn him.

  Good thing he doesn't notice, but the girls do leaving a smirk on both of their faces.  This is just great.

  "What?"  I ask.

  They look at each other and nod as though they are having a conversation.  I roll my eyes and dig into my food.  The girls follow suit all the while staring behind me, I know they are staring at him so I dont turn around.

  "You know he really is hot."  Jesse says as I glair at her.

  As if!  Gosh does she not remember what he did on the plane?  Kristin is nodding in agreement but stops abruptly as her eyes widen. 

  "Girls dont look now, but hot guy is heading towards us with some of his hot friends. "  Kristin says while her hair takes that moment to become red.  I really hate that color.

  I see light blue hair pass by and then turn around.  Ass hole smiles at us and then sits at the table next to ours.  Hes amused?  Fine be that way.  I turn back to my food.  Kristin applies lip gloss and Jesse, well Jesse looks like shes about to fall asleep.  We did have a long flight.

  I hear the three ass holes laughing and I turn to look at them.  The other two are probably nice guys, but they are hanging out with him so I dont give a shit if they are or not.

  "Vanesa, honey, you are strangling your food."  Kristin tells me and I look down to see ketchup and fries squished between my fingers.

  I sigh and wipe off my hands with a napkin.  Why am I so angry?  I mean seriously, I should be over it by now.  Maybe its because I didn't have an outlet for my anger on the plane.

  "Excuse me."  I say before getting up and going to the bathroom.

  I walk in to the teal and white room and look at myself in the mirror.  My hair is still black as night.  I put it up in a messy bun and splash some water on my face.  It has been a long day.  I sigh and pull out my phone to see that I have missed 4 calls.  1 is from my parents, obviously they would call, but the weird thing is that I missed three calls from Jackson.

  I quickly dial his number and hold the phone up to my ear.  It rings three times before he answers.

  "Hey!"  he shouts through the phone.  I laugh and reply with a soft hello.

  "Whats up?  Sorry I didn't answer your calls, I was busy unpacking and stuff."  I laugh lamely. 

  Jackson never calls me and it is honestly making me kind of nervous.  The black fades from my hair and turns into red.  Damn color.

  "I didn't mean to call you that many times, but..."  he hesitates like he was pondering if he should tell me.  "Jess wasn't answering her phone either and I was wondering if you guys landed safely."

  I sigh as I tell him we indeed landed safely.  He just wanted to make sure his sister was ok.  That's sweet and all, but I kind of wish he called for another reason.  Maybe to tell me he wants me to come back for him, or that he misses me a lot.  Keep dreaming Vanesa. 

  Jackson clears his throat once.  Then another time, "Im glad you got there safe.  I mean well both of you.  Considering my sister is with you, and you're her best friend, and it would be weird if I called for any other reason."  He was rambling now.

    I laugh and then realize he was basically trying to convince himself that it would be weird if he called me for any other reason.  Was there another reason that he called?  No way.  Maybe?  Ugh!

  He clears his throat once again saying he had to go.  He didn't even wait for me to reply and just hung up.  I stair at my phone with one eye brow raised before turning off the screen. 

  I walk out of the bathroom confused before I run into the jerk himself.  Mr. Asshole.  I quickly go from confused to annoyed.

  "What do you want?"  I cross my arms over my chest.

  He chuckles and mimics my stance, "Im sorry but I think you are the one in my way."  He makes sure to stress the my in his sentence.

  I rais an eyebrow.  He smirks and points behind me to the bathroom.  My face heats up as I mumble my apology and move around him.  I can still hear him laughing as I walk back to my table.  He is seriously the most annoying person ever.