Chapter 1 - To The Sky!

I have been waiting for this day for a long time.  My friend and I are finally going to college together!  And in London!  How cool is that?  To me, its not as exciting as I thought it would be.  I would pretend to be more excited but whats the point when I cant hide how nervous I am?  I mean seriously, they cant stop staring at my hair and telling me everything is going to be okay and that I am going to have the time of my life.

  It isn't that way with Jesse though.  She couldn't be more happy and she has no problem showing it.  It isn't that I'm nervous about going to London, Im nervous because I have to get on a plane to go to London.  Really Im excited and nervous.  Pink and red.  I look like one of my little sisters dolls.

  I kiss my family goodbye as Jesses brother honks the horn as if to tell us to hurry up.  Jesse has been my best friend since forever, we are basically family.  So we both had two sets of parents to say goodbye to.  The only catch?  I have been in love with my best friends brother since forever also.  He is about 2 years older and very very hot.  It sounds gross considering I just described them as my second family, but Jackson is different. 

  I get into the back seat and Jesse takes the front.  Its like a rainbow in here.  Jackson is flustered, orange, I wonder why.  Jesse is as happy as can be, bright green.  And there is me, two colors that I hate. 

  Jackson puts the car into drive and we are off, my little sister chasing the car down the road until we are too fast for her little legs to keep up.  I called dibs on the AUX cord so I hook up my phone and blast my favorite song through the speakers.  Jackson turns it down, "Hey!"  Jesse and I yell in unison. 

  Jesse claims to hate the song, but I know the truth.

  "I cant hear myself think."  Jackson mutters.

  Jesse and I scoff and roll our eyes.  Sure, like he ever thinks about anything.  That's one of the reasons why I like him, because he never thinks before he does anything. 

  The ride to the airport is a short one.  There wasn't any traffic so we got here an hour before our flight actually takes off.  My excitement dissolves into nerves as we get out of the car.  Jackson takes his hat off and hands it to me.

  "Your hair is all red, I know you hate the color."  I take his hat and tuck all of my hair into it, well most of it, I have really long hair, "Plus it can be something to remember my by." he concludes.

  I look up at him, his hair still orange.  Why is he so flustered?  Im about to ask him but Jesse yells for us to come help her get the bags out of the car.

  We all walk to the entrance doors and stop.  Jackson attacks Jesse with a bare hug and she grunts in annoyance, but hugs him back.  "Bye Jess."  He says letting go.  Jesse rolls her eyes and pulls him in for one more hug.  She pretends to hate him, but she wouldn't leave without showing some sort of sibling affection. 

  Jackson walks over to me and I shove my hands in the back pockets of my shorts.  I cant wait to get out of Arizona and go to a much cooler place. 

"Bye Jackson."  I say meeting his eyes.  "Thanks for the hat."  He nods.

  Jackson lets out a sigh and grabs my arm.  My eyes widen in shock as he pulls me in for a hug.  His hug is tight but at least I can breath.

"Dont forget me V."  Jackson whispers into the crown of my hair before kissing that same spot, well it would be that spot if his hat didn't cover it.

  "I could never."  I whisper  back.

  Jackson steps away and smiles telling us to have fun.  I notice his hair is no longer orange but deep blue, hes sad.  Jesse pulls me along with her before I could ask him why.

  Jesse and I get passed security and to our gate within 30 minutes.  We take a seat to wait out the remaining 30 but look at each other and jump back up squealing.  We are going to London!  London!  The flight attendant announces that we will be boarding shortly.

  I look over at Jesse with a paniced look and she looks at me with a reassuring smile.

  "To the sky!"  she yells and I cant help but laugh as her hair goes from bright green to white.  From overly happy to embarrassed. 

~~

A/N:  Hey guys.  I hope you like the first chapter.  Sorry about the typos.  Ill be updating whenever I can.  There will be some very short chapters and some very long ones.  I am very excited for this, and I hope you all are too.