Chapter Two

••• Zuko's perspective•••
After Katara had left earlier that day, Mai was still angry and jealous over what she heard. She kept repeating in her head. "We wouldn't want him thinking we have a thing".

Zuko sat in his office and looked through scrolls of paper that he needed to sign. He sighed and signed them all, that was until Mai came in and "distracted" him, (if you know what I mean). It started with kissing and then lead to a lot of other things.

••• Katara's perspective•••
Katara stopped at one of the stores in the small local villages that scattered the Fire Nation capital, she looked through their selection of vegetables and things you could only get in the Fire Nation and she bought stuff.

A fire bender came over to her. "Wow....you're Katara aren't you?" The young boy asked staring up at her like she was some sort of celebrity, maybe she was. She was pretty famous for her bending.

Katara turned to the boy, he must've been like fourteen or something, she gave him a kiss on the cheek and walked away. He nearly died which caused her to laugh, brought her back to the days where Sokka would've died if a girl kissed his cheek, thinking of her brother she missed him.

Sokka said he wanted to get all their friends together soon, him and Suki apparently had something important to tell everyone. She just hoped it wasn't that Suki was pregnant.

Katara walked back to the Fire General. "We can get going now. I got what I needed" she said holding a basket full of rare, Fire Nation only things. She turned around for a moment and looked at the city, years ago she wouldn't of been allowed here and it was all because of her and the gang that things were peaceful again.

They boarded the Airship together and slowly made their way home. Once she was close enough home she said goodbye to the General and walked through the woods the rest of the way to her house.

Her house was a tree house like thing up in the forest canopy, it was built that way because that's how Jet wanted it ,and with Katara's power from being one of the top three water benders in the world she could afford it. She knocked on the door which was located at the base of the huge tree.

Jet opened the door and looked at the basket. "Did Zuko give you souvenirs?" He snickered.

"No he didn't"

"Mhmmm...well why don't you come in. It's getting late" he said taking the basket from her. He could be nice sometimes.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

•••Zuko's perspective•••

It had been a few weeks since Katara came and healed Zuko."Mai, I know you think my mother just...died, just like the rest of the Fire Nation does but I have reason to believe she didn't" he explained as the two sat in the living by the fire Zuko started.

Mai shook her head and crossed her legs. She glanced at him, "Why do you think that?" She asked looking down at her nails which were painted a dark red.

Zuko turned in his chair and looked at her. "I'm guessing Azula never told you the story? Makes sense she did like father more" he mumbled. "When I was about ten my parents got into a huge fight. Before that my dad was madly in love with my mother and they never fought, but after that night...things changed and they kept fighting nonstop for months. I believe my dad did something with my mother. I think something happened"

Mai looked at him and got up sitting on the arm of his chair, she draped her legs over his lap. "Well what are you going to do about it?" She asked, curiously, cupping his chin with her hands, rubbing her nails against his cheek.