Chapter Three: Sky High (Edited)

Start from the beginning

Most people laugh at what I said but a few girls give me death glares which cause me to chuckle slightly at their glares. Oh if looks could kill. I walk to the spare seat that is conveniently next to Maddi's, smiling brightly I drop into the seat and prepare myself for my first day.

English quickly passes then AP US History and Algebra I and finally I'm leaning against Maddi's locker ready to get to lunch.

“So is this the part where I get to see that the cafeteria is set out similar to the cliché movies.” I ask her in a sarcastic tone.

“You think it won’t happen but you wait and see.” She replies in a light voice, almost as if she wasn’t trying to laugh.

Maddi closes her locker and starts to walk away from me before I can give her my smartarse response. Laughing at her I quickly push myself off her locker and start to jog after her. Just as I'm about to reach her she stops dead in her tracks making me run straight into her back.

“Oh my God. Ow! My face, what the hell Maddi?” I exclaim in surprise while rubbing a hand over my sore face and walking to stand next to her.

“Oh I’m so sorry! It’s just that I saw them and I kind of…” Maddi mumbles looking at me as a blush starts to form on her cheeks she turns her head back to the direction that she was looking at.

Looking at her in confusion, I shake my head and lean a bit forward so I can see where she is looking. As I look down the hallway I only see a group of guys, one of whom looks familiar and a few girls who are loitering around watching the group like proper fangirls.

“Sooo this lunch thing, are we still doing it or…?” I ask snapping Maddi out of her weird trance.

“Oh lunch! Yep! Right, almost forgot.” She answers in a semi high pitch voice while grabbing my arm and almost dragging me down the hall.

As I was being dragged down the semi empty hallway, I get enough time to look at the group of guys. I can't really see how many there are because they're huddled together forming a small circle but one guy stands out the most, mainly because of the way that he is waving his hands in the air wildly.

Making our way past them, I look over at Maddi only to see her head is down facing the other direction and her face is the colour of a tomato which causes me to snicker. Hearing me laugh she looks over at me and spots my amused smile.

Flipping me off I shake my head and I laugh a bit harder but I stop suddenly when a hand comes out of nowhere and hits me hard on the side of my face. The loud smacking sound echoes throughout the hallway.

“Jesus!” I exclaim as I stop walking and bend down placing one of my hands over my burning cheek.

“Holy Shit!” The guy yells.

“Oh my God, are you alright.” I hear Maddi's worried voice as she helps me to stand up straight.

I only groan in response as I keep rubbing my hand over my abused cheek which only makes the burning sensation worsen.

“Listen I’m really sorry I didn’t see you there.“ The guy apologises but I can hear the amusement in his voice making me angry, I turn my head to glare at him but stop short when I see who has hit me.

“Are you serious right now?” I say to no one in particular as I raise my hands in the air.

“You know hitting someone to find out answers is called abuse.” I continue in a disbelieving tone to a surprised and still amused Ryker.

“I was wondering when I would see you again.” He speaks with a short laugh.

“Uhm Ava you know Ryker?” Maddi intervenes.