quidditch world cup

Start from the beginning

Cornelius Fudge, the minister of Magic had walked in with a very large bearded man in impressive back robes with gold trimming who was soon introduced as the Bulgarian Minister of magic, Oblansk. The man didnt seem to know one lick of english as he tired introducing Harry to him. It wasn't until he saw the scar on his forehead did he start babbling in Bulgarian.

Ron groaned, now seeing who would be joining them in the box. None other than the Malfoys themselves started to file in to the same row as the minister, Draco starting to make rude comments to the group that sat infront of them.

"Excuse you thats my spot." Katya said crossing her arms. Draco turned his grimace to a smirk as he eyed the girl standing infront of him, causing Fred and George to make gagging noises at the sight.

"Draco." He said smoothing holding out his hand, expecting her to take it.

"Lovley, you're in my spot." She said keeping one arm by her side and the other on the top of Vûlk's head, who had started to growl softly, causing a fit of muffled giggles to come from the first row.

"Shut up mudblood." He said, snapping his head towards Hermione who immediately closed her mouth and turned forward just as Draco turned his attention back to Katya.

"Well how about we sit together back there? These seats are saved for the Bulgarian Ministers guests anyways."

"How dare you!" Katya said, talking a little louder than she had intended, now causing Oblansk to turn and spot her, but before he could stop her she continued. "What in the world gives you the right to call someone that-" She held up a finger to stop Draco, who had opened his mouth to say something. "I don't care what you're name is. I don't care how pure your family line is. You never, ever call someone that word you disrespectful little rat." Katya said through gritted teeth, almost thinking about pulling her wand.

Her best friend outside of school came from muggle parents and Katya and her family, though pure themselves, have spent every waking moment trying to make her and her family as welcomed as possible, despite how anti-muggleborn Durmstrang was.

"Katya!"Oblansk said, causing Katya's attention to move away from Draco, who stood infront of her with a surprised look on his face. "Ah! Katya, so glad you've made it!" He spoke quickly while taking his large hand and moving Draco away, the row in front of them now laughing freely as Draco stood there with rejection and humiliation covering his face.

"Father isn't going to be very happy with the Malfoy's being here." She said crossing her arms, trying to cool down. Although she was speaking a different language she didn't try to lower her voice when she said their names.

Katya hated people like the Malfoy's. On top of their obnoxious believes, her father had a run in with Lucius a few years back and without knowing who he was, Lucius treated her father very poorly. The one thing about the Krum family is they might forgive, but will never forget.

"Ah, yes I know, but they are Fudge's guest as much as you are mine." He said putting his hand on her shoulder just as her mom and dad made it to the box.

"Fudge!" He grunted. "Krum" He said.

"Sir you speak english." Katya said before shaking his hand.

"He does not know that." He said making her laugh.

"Ah yes! Arthur, Harry, This is Viktor Krum's sister, Katya and her parents, Elisaveta and Gavrail." Fudge said introducing them.

"It's so nice to meet all of you." Katya said, making sure she shook Hermione's hand the longest. To Fred her thick accent was like music and was elbowed many times by Ginny and George for staring at her for too long, but for the first time Katya didn't really mind. There was something about the tall boy with shaggy red hair that sparked an interest.

"Met Malfoy's son. Called Hermione, The girl with brown hair, a mudblood." Katya said watching as her father straightened up, eyes now full of furry as they turned to the their seats.

"Miss Hermione," He started, butchering her name while leaning forward to meet her gaze. "If anyone talk to jou like dat one more time!" He said, voice booming causing the Malfoys to look over. Everyones eyes widened as they watched Gavrail take his long thumb and drew it across his neck.

"My dad can be quite unforgiving when it comes to families like that." Katya said to Hermione, who smiled softly and nodded.

"Just so everybody know, Viktor fly here." Gavrail said again as all the other faces gleamed with joy that they were about to be close to Viktor Krum. Even though everyone infront of them wore bright green hats it didn't stop them from being excited. "Weasley! Come talk here with adult. Tell me vat you like to do."

Katya smiled at her dad for being so kind to engage Mr. Weasley and his oldest sons into conversation and Katya could tell that her father was truly curious about Mr. Weasley's work with Muggles. "Never knew 'bout mŭgŭl. We live very secret town, you must come visit." Gavrail said smiling widely through his beard.

"So where do you go to school?" Katya asked Hermione and Ginny who had turned themselves to face her.

"Hogwarts." Ginny said smiling. "You?"

"Durmstrang Institution." Katya said.

"I could have sworn that school was all boys." Hermione said.

"Might as well be. Theres no more than twenty girls in the school, and we all go because we have brothers there."

"I can hardly stand my six older brothers. I couldn't imagine a whole school of them." Ginny said making Katya laugh.

Katya thought about the letter Viktor got about the Triwizard Tournament and decided against saying anything to them about it incase they didnt know. Despite how many questions she had for them about the school she wasn't able to get one word out of her mouth because soon entering the field were Bulgaria's team mascot of dancing veela's. Katya had to lung forward to grab the back of Harry's shirts to stop him from going over the railing.

"Does he not know?" She asked Hermione who was holding onto Ron. All the other men in the box had covered their ears except these two and Draco, who Katya saw was being smacked by his mom.

Soon it was over and Irelands mascot of leprechauns started to fly around the stadium

"Boo!" Katya and her father yelled together making Hermione laugh as she watched the dancing leprechaun that floated mid air. Katya started to clap and yell loudly when her brothers team all entered in a line, Viktor being the last one to come out. She laughed seeing her brothers face plaster across the stands as he made a circle around the top, stopping when he finally came infront of his family, where  Katya had made her way to the front to wait for him.

"Kŭsmet!" Katya sait standing on her toes to hug her brother. She watched him look at Hermione who looked down. Katya couldn't hep but smile at Viktor who winked and then raced off.

"What did you say to him?" Ginny asked curiously with a smile once Katya sat back down.

"Kŭsmet, it means Luck." Katya said smiling. She looked to Hermione who was still looking down at Vûlk, patting the top of his head and nudged Hermione so she would look up.

"I think Viktor things your pretty." She said simling and clapping mindlessly at the balls being released. Hermione blushed and Katya laughed leaning forward to find her brother, but instead found the eyes of Fred, who blushed and smiled at her.