"Hai." I mumbled. She started unhooking the tubes from my arm.

When she finished I asked, "What about clothes?"

"You have clothes at home still," Rukia smiled. She realized that I didn't know where home was and her smile faltered. "I mean, at the Kuchiki manor." A dark silence filled the room.

"I live there?" I murmured.

"Sometimes. Other times you were with the Roiyaru Kage." I was shocked.

The name sent a pang of familiarity through me, but it wasn't a good one. Upon hearing it, I became angry. I couldn't figure out why, there wasn't a picture in my mind to go with the title. In fact, I had no idea what - or where - it was, but it brought forth a seething hatred I didn't understand. I choked on the unexpected emotion.

"Perhaps you should go get settled in at the Kuchiki manor?" Unohana suggested, breaking the silence.

I clambered up quickly without a word and swayed on my feet. Byakuya caught me when my knees suddenly buckled.

"Maybe slow down just a little bit." Unohana said carefully.

Then, without warning, a powerful and familiar reiatsu rained down on us.

It feels almost exactly like mine! I realized. What the hell is going on?

Everyone in the room was having a hard time staying on their feet as the spiritual pressure continued to grow. I began letting my body take it in and power me rather than hinder me.

I stood up and faced the source, only to be shocked at seeing the shadow woman from my nightmare.

She looks so sad, that surprised me. Why would she be sad?

Her hand moved towards me, but she quickly snatched it back. She shook her head and was enveloped in a black light. It shrunk down to the size of a zanpakuto and when the last of the light was gone that's exactly what it was. The blade was pitch black, the hilt a bright shade of purple, and the guard had a set of tattered angel wings.

"Umm." Was all I could think to say. Everyone was staring at me. I felt self conscious.

"What?" I demanded.

"You might want to pick her up." Rukia murmured.

I slowly made my way to the sword. As I got closer, a humming sound got louder and louder. I stood still for a moment, seeing how she would react. The answer? Not well. A horrible metal on metal sound rang through the air. I grabbed my head out of sheer pain while Rukia yelled, "pick her up!"

The noise didn't stop until I ran forward and grabbed the hilt, which resulted in a much calmer and happier hum.

"You're kind of a bitch aren't you?" I couldn't help it, it slipped.

Just like you, my lady, she purred in my mind. Her voice was like satin. Thinking she was talking about me I smirked.

So are you-?

Yours? Indeed.

For how long? I asked. I felt numb.

Since you were born, my lady. That surprised me.

I'm sorry. I-I don't remember.

Do not fret, my queen. Everything will be straightened out soon. And with that she was gone.

She was there for a few seconds but I felt so empty now that she was gone again. Exhaustion swept through me and without meaning to, I fell. My limbs were heavy, making it hard to move.