A Disappearance

Jaimie loved the bright lights on the stages he performed on. The crowd, the excitement, the adrenaline... It was all such a dream to him. Although he had been told many times that he had 'a gift', a voice in the back of his head denied it. But nevermind that. He had a show to start! Jaimie took a deep breath, calming his nerves before he went on stage.

Even though you'd think that because he'd done this just about hundreds of times, he would be nervous. But no. He was always nervous before going on stage. But Jaimie didn't mind. He was used to this anxious feeling. It was easy to get over. 

He adjusted his grey hoodie and ran a hand through his coffee brown hair.

The screaming from the audience started as the music began and he stepped on the stage. The thought of this many people scared him, but it also made him happy. There was so many people who appreciated his music and talent, it was incredible. Sometimes he just had to sit down and take it all in, because of how amazing it all was.

But enough of the feely stuff. 

Jaimie waved and threw confetti out of his hands from the stages floor. The lights moved, swinging back and forth. "Thank you!" he yelled out, grinning. He blew a kiss to the crowd and started singing. His eyes wandered as his voice echoed out all throughout the stadium. Of course, people were wearing merchandise for his show. He thought this was silly. People didn't have to wear shirts to be a fan. In Jaimie's opinion, they only had to be there to make him happy.

Before he knew it, the show was over and he had sung until his throat was raw. Jaimie waved, walking off the stage. 

In the backstage room, only one hanging lightbulb gave off any light. "Wow, this looks like a horror movie." He thought. Jaimie took off his hoodie, exposing the shirt underneath it. He sat down on the chair under the lightbulb, and looked into the mirror. There was a scratching noise, and Jaimie felt a tap on his shoulder. He turned around, adrenaline pumping through his veins, ready to bolt. It was in settings like this that people were murdered.

The was a hissing whisper. "WhY dOn'T yOu EvEr LiStEn tO uSsssS?" Jaimie fell out of his chair, shivering. His every instict said to bolt, but why didn't he? He should've. Shadows peeled off the wall, their mangled bodies forming and dripping faces emerging. Jaimie screamed, flattening himself against the wall, breathing heavily.

The shadow people closed in. They were of all shapes and sizes. Animal, human, monster... But they all had something in common. They were all frightening. Jaimie paled, even more than he already had. His breath quickened. "Why are you doing this to me?"he questioned breathlessly. There was no answer.

Everything went black.