Leave

''I stepped through fallen leaves, the color of the sunset

and used their sound to bury, to hide. Tearstains, I wipe with my hand,

which can no longer feel them.''

Italy stepped through through the fallen leaves as he wipes his tears with his numb hands. He remembers it too clearly. The pain in his heart was still there. The place where his love had been, which now was replaced with a hole.

''Towards the station on the way home, for the next promise

don't say anything for my sake to not bind us together

to deceive and avoid the inevitable words, goodbye.''

He remembers what Holy Roman Empire said to him as a child before he left to go fight in that war. Oh, how it pained Italy to just merely think about him. Italy loved him even if he was scary back then. He regrets running away from him because now he realized to keep people close to you before they leave without a trace. It was a sickening truth to him that he learned as a child. First Grandpa Rome, then Holy Roman Empire. He was devastated after realizing one of the sickening truth that this cruel world had to offer.

''You before my eyes,

is beyond the closed door,

which had once told the beginning,

of those days which seemingly never existed, reflected

in a blurry world.''

Now Holy Roman Empire was a dissolved nation because of a war. Italy remembers painting with him. Sweet memoris that saddened him. How foolish was he as a child to fall in love with a country that went to war a lot. Holy Roman Empire was bound to fall and their love was never meant to be.

''The final bell rings out to us

from fingertips, before any words.''

He could remember some people calling him to leave for the war was about to start. Right before he left he told Italy that he has loved him since the 900s, and kissed him. Italy was devastated after his departure.

''Full of affection I want to remember,

I grew reserved.

We knew we'd be separated, yet we had loved,

we'd love another, and just can't let go, can't throw these feelings away.

All mine, I wanted to make you all mine.''

Italy was afraid to fall in love again. He misses him greatly, but still can't shake off his feelings for him. And it hurt him. He sighs as he keeps treading on through the colorful tree's, the serene sound of birds chirping, the water of the river rushing to get to the ocean, and the sound of crunching leaves. Taking a deep breath he sang...

''If we could meet again after 10 years, then that'd surely mean that we were bound together,

on paths we set out on which will never meet--

the two of us by a red string.

I can't bear them anymore, they're overflowing,

These emotions all towards you,

will pass countless nights, within my chest, never disappearing.

I place my hand on my chest, bringing out distant memories,

That color-filled moment makes my heartbeat quicken.

After 10 years, will those days between the two of us still be left behind in your chest?

Mistaken for people simply passing by, we're destined to never meet again--

the two of us, by a red string.''

With that, Italy once again collapsed and cried. The pain seemed surreal, it hurt he said between hiccups.

Little did he know that the ghost of Holy Roman Empire was watching him cry hysterically, wishing that it didn't have to be this way. Holy Roman Empire looked at the severed string on his pinky finger and sighed solemnly. With that, he vanished in the cool crisp autumn wind.