Chapter Eight

“Why is it you go to places and you don’t invite me?” Ashton asked.

“I go for walks because it’s the only time I have alone” I replied “And I also visited a friend of mine too” I added.

“Who is this friend of yours?” Ashton asked in concern.

“Oh um, some guy I used to be friends with” I told him. Used to be.

“What’s his name?” He asked.

“Mason… but you shouldn’t need to worry about it!” I assured Ashton. I could tell by the look in his eyes he was somewhat jealous. He didn’t show it much but I think he was more curious if anything.

“Well it’s a shame you aren’t friends anymore” I watched a smirk form on his face. “So, where should we go now?”

“Can I stay over your house for the night?”

“Guys night” Ashton gave a simple reply.

“Oh… right.”

“I know you’ll be safer at home then at my house though, babe” Ashton placed his hand on my face and then kissed my forehead.

A guys night out, huh? It’s like he was all of sudden worried. His emotions change quickly but my suspicions are up high. He better not touch Mason or else!

“Let’s get you home now” Ashton said.

Twenty minutes and we were at my house. It was getting late and I had a pretty long day and Ashton walking me home was wonderful. We spoke about his friends, he has a few and he named them. There was Michael, Calum and Luke. He described them as his main guys, which was pretty cute I must admit.

“I’ll call you tomorrow” Ashton smiled me and kissed me on the cheek. He said goodbye and left straight after. I guess he was desperate for this night with his guys.

I didn’t feel like dinner as my stomach felt really weird. It felt like there were a million butterflies in my stomach and I almost wanted to puke. I walked into my room and closed the door behind me and I noticed the book on my bed that I had placed there earlier but this time I noticed it has note on it.

I walked over to my bed where the book lay and I sat down. I picked up the book and read the note. It was from Savannah. “An adventure awaits! – Savannah.” I placed it on my desk. I wasn’t going read it just yet. It was a book called ‘Holes’ or some shit… isn’t there a movie? I should just watch the movie instead.

“Ava, can I come in?” I saw Savannah peak her head through the door.

“Yeah, sure.” I said bluntly

“Are you alright?”  She asked.

It’s not that I didn’t like Savannah, I did… but the constant check-ups on me was beginning to get annoying. Is this what having a sister is like? It’s damn annoying but I guess I will just have to adapt somehow.

“I’m fine” I pulled off a fake smile.

“Can I ask you something?” Savannah questioned me.

“Yeah sure, go ahead” I replied.

“Do you like the whole idea of your Dad getting married?” She asked.

“Nope, not at all! I was never okay with it but I’m adjusting” I gave her my honest answer.

“I am too! It’s weird to think that we are going to be stepsisters though.”

“Neither.”

“Well I better go and have a shower, talk soon!” She smiled and left. Does she ever stop asking me questions? She has her moments but that positivity thing of hers does get on my nervs.