prologue

Being in a coma is strange. It's only been a month or two, you're not sure because it's hard keeping track of time when you can't even tell if it's day or night, but it seems to be about that long. You can hear everything, but you're just stuck, stuck in a vegetative state. Sometimes you have dreams, sometimes nightmares, but they're probably more likely hallucinations.

You hear him walk in again. He's visited you every day since you've been in a coma, but this time, it seems different.

When he walks in, he seems drowsy and tired, as if he's already lost hope in you ever waking up. He sits down next to your hospital bed and sighs loudly.

"I'm sorry, okay?" he whispers, his voice breaking as if it's the first thing he's said all morning "I didn't mean to and I just, I just feel so horrible."

"I don't know if you're ever going to wake up. I don't know what was going through my head when I did it. I don't know!" he shouts, banging his fists against your bedside table.

It's silent for a moment before you hear him break down into tears. You want to talk, to ask him what's wrong and to comfort him. But you can't.

"y/n" he hums, grasping your left hand roughly "Please wake up. I need you."

////

hello!! I hope you enjoyed this chapter! obviously, it's just a teaser like it's super short, all the other chapters will be around 1000+ words.

- a xx