Chapter 8: Too Far

A/N: Yayyyy!! New chapter! I know you've all been waiting so long for this, so here you go! I've been really busy! And yesterday, (November 7) was my birthday ;) so here you go. Hope you like it.

Disclaimer: Cassandra Clare owns The Mortal Instruments and all the characters. Sadly, I do not.

*Clary*

Unsurprisingly, Isabelle went straight to the bar and started flirting with various people. Alec had went to a couch on the side, and just sat there. That also was unsurprising, knowing that he was in a committed relationship. I mean, so was Izzy with Simon, but c'mon, she's Izzy.

But right before she walked away, she brushed my shoulder and whispered, "Remember, stage 3." I nodded and she quickly walked away and started talking up some blond guy.

I took a deep breath and started surveying the dark club. I saw more downworlders than I had expected. Many werewolves and vampires, and Magnus-like warlocks. I smiled at that and I kept walking. I didn't want to get myself involved with downworlders. I just needed a mundane to flirt with.

I scanned the area once more, and my eyes landed on a handsome guy, with dark brown hair and blue eyes. More importantly, he was 100% mundane.

I walked up to him, and tried my best to act like Isabelle, who I knew was watching me out of the corner of her eye. He smiled at me, "Why hello, pretty girl. What's your name?"

He was polite, but not too polite. Just what I needed. "Clary," I told him, in the most sensual voice I could afford. I found it just pathetic of me, but apparently, he bought it.

"Mmm... I like that name."

I had to try really hard to suppress my gagging. "What's your name?"

"Brian," he told me.

Perfect.

xxx

*Jace*

Clary knew I wasn't happy with her for coming with us to hunt, but I was glad she just stayed in the shadows the entire time while Isabelle, Alec, and I dealt with the demon.

I was hoping to pull her over to the side after we finished with the demon, but she went off on her own right after Isabelle whispered something in her ear which I didn't quite catch. You know, it's funny how they didn't think I would notice little things like these.

Clary set off as if she were in search for something. She then spotted something-or someone. I followed her gaze to a brown-haired mundie boy. She began talking to him and a mix of emotions flowed in my mind. Anger, sadness, betrayal, and dare I say it, jealousy.

I watched for a little to see what she would do. She moved even closer to the boy, and they both smiled. I clenched my fists. The boy placed the back of his hand on her cheek, and Clary smiled shyly at the ground, and although he thought this was smooth, I could tell she was uncomfortable.

I moved closer to the two so I could hear their conversation.

"So, where are you from?" asked the stupid mundie. If Clary told him about the Institute, I swear I might just have to slap her.

"Uhh..." Clary hesitated. "Queens." So she didn't tell him where she really was from, Brooklyn. Thank God.

"I'm from Brooklyn," the boy told her.

"Wow, that's cool, Brian," she said, lingering on his name. Brian. Ugh. That was a lame nerd name, a lot like Simon (A/N: No offense to people named Brian or Simon, I just wanted to give Jace more reasons to hate the guy.)

I could faintly see Brian's hand move to the bottom of Clary's dress. I clenched my jaw. I couldn't believe she was letting this happen. Or was she?

Clary jumped back slightly from the boy's touch, and I felt myself relax a little. But then she moved back into him, and I tensed up again.

She grabbed his hand and took him off to the side, and of course, I followed. The sight I saw was unbelievable. I really couldn't believe she would do this to me.

The next thing that happened took me by surprise. Clary caught my eye for a split second, and I thought she looked, a little sad. Then she grabbed the front of Brian's shirt and kissed him. My Clary. My Clary kissed some stupid mundie.

At first, I laughed slightly at the fact that Brian was practically eating her face, but then another wave of emotions swept over me. How could she do this to me? All those things she said about loving me, were they lies? Hell, was she lying about never having a boyfriend?!

She quickly detached from the mundane, and I couldn't exactly read her expression. It wasn't pleasant though. She looked maybe, unsatisfied, confused, or maybe a little, dare I say it, guilty?

I don't know, but all I know is that I need to talk to her. I walked up to the two, where they were standing awkwardly, staring at each other. I grabbed Clary by the arm, and took her out of the club. Brian didn't even attempt to stop me.

As soon as we are out of the club, I spin her around and stare her angrily in the eyes. "What the hell was that?" I shout at her.

"Jace, I-"

"What's wrong with you? Did you just go and kiss that stupid mundie or not?"

"Jace, I did, but it's not-"

"No excuses, Clary. I can't believe you would do that! How would you feel if you saw me kissing some mundane girl in Pandemonium? Huh?"

She looked down at the damp road and muttered something I couldn't make out.

"I can't believe you," I continued. "You betrayed me, you betrayed us."

She then muttered something that I could barely make out. It sounded like, "War."

War. War? What was she talking about?

Then realization dawned upon me. Our little war thing. Is that what she did this for? Is she really that stupid?

"You did this for the war?" I asked incredulously. I didn't seem like something she would do.

"Jace, please, you don't understand!" she pleaded.

"No," I told her firmly. "I don't wanna hear it. You went too far Clary. Way too far."

xxx

*Clary*

I watched helplessly as he faded into the shadows outside the club. Not wanting to go back into Pandemonium, I walked into the alleyway in which Jace and I had once had a hot make-out session, which Isabelle so kindly interrupted. But he was possessed by Lilith back then. Now, he's not possessed. But he's furious with me.

I mentally slapped myself. How could I be so stupid to agree to Isabelle's plan? It was a stupid plan, and it was stupid from the beginning. And stupid me agreed to the stupid plan and now Jace is mad at me.

Ugh, why can't we just be happy for more than a month?

I sat down on a bench in the dark alleyway, with my hands dangling between my knees. His words kept on repeating in my head. Too far, Clary. Way too far.

I sat there in the darkness for quite a while before I got up from the bench and made a few steps towards the exit of the alleyway.

That was when I saw the demon.

A/N: Do you guys hate me now? Anyway, I know exactly where I'm going with this story, and I think you will all like the upcoming chapters ;) I will try to update asap! Leave comments and likes! Thank you all for reading my story ;*