Prolouge

[August 15.2016] revised on 071720

Isis Yui Torial's POV

"Yui happy birthday anak!" saad ni papa sabay halik sa pisngi ko bago ibigay ang maliit na box na may disenyong ribbon sa gintong kulay.

"Yui anak,pasensya na at di ako makakasamang mag celebrate ng birthday mo,alam mo namang busy ako sa hospital diba? Di porke't tayo ang may ari di na ako kikilos? Alam mo naman hilig kong tumulong sa may sakit at mag opera diba?" dad smiled showing his dimples

Ngumiti akong kaunti, ano pa nga bang ineexpect ko?

"Yes dad, no worries I can celebrate with my friends by the way" i hugged him for a short time while controlling my emotions.

Ano ba Yui what do you expect, its always been like this ever since you we're 5 right?

"I'll go now dad,thank you for the gift. Love you,take care" I said while waving the little gift on my hand with a tiny smile.

He smiled and I started to walk out of his office

"Yui! Don't worry your mom said she'll video call and send you gifts!"

I just raised a thumbs up and continue leaving his room.

I sighed as i completely left. My heart feels suffocated. As I walk down the elevator I got a call. I stopped walking while opening my phone.

"Yui anak Happy birthday! Im proud of what you've become! Honey I'm sorry I can't video call you today,the other doctor was on emergency leave so i decided cope up all his surgeries and it's all piled up! My God–"

"Doc,the operating room is ready."

"Oh honey you heard that? I'll go now! Happy birthday! I love you! I sent you gifts of tons!"

Then she ended the call. I knew it.

I spaced out looking at the glass window of the hospital, slowly clenching the gift dad gave me.

When will I celebrate my birthday with my parents again? Never

I felt a pang on my shoulder only to know someone hit my shoulders from running.

Many emotions filled me up but when I was to confront the person with angered eyes i saw the elevator slightly closing while there's a man in a phone call. A doctor.

I stared daggers to him until he faced me,winking then the elevator closed.

My mouth gaped open to his arrogance. "What the? Is he new here?"
-------------
-Micah