Nominees for Best Paranormal

Start from the beginning

Fourteen different times. Fourteen different places. Fourteen different mental illnesses.

In her small hometown of Orinoko, Japan, Halen Kelch is facing a curse. Her best friend is being plagued by strange phone calls. Her American father, already severely schizophrenic, is lurking in the attic, chanting endlessly about demons. And now, her twin sister is ripping pages out of bibles, in the hopes of protecting herself from ghosts. All that's left, is for Halen to become effected next. She can feel a change in the air, but doesn't know what it could mean or who is behind it.

It'll take a trade with a demonic god and fourteen different souls to find the answer.

Cupid's Match by LEPalphreyman

In a world where everyone has a perfect match, what if you were matched with the dangerous, notoriously good looking, original bad boy

In a world where everyone has a perfect match, what if you were matched with the dangerous, notoriously good looking, original bad boy....Cupid himself?

***

Dear Lila,

I am contacting you on behalf of The Cupids Matchmaking Service.

You will not have heard of us but we are an organisation that work behind the scenes of society, identifying each person's perfect match.

Usually we would not contact our clients. We prefer to work in secrecy - setting up the ideal environment for the two matches to have a chance encounter.

Recently, however, we ran your details through our system and...well....in your case...

We think you'd better come in.

Please respond at your earliest convenience.

Yours Urgently,

The Cupids Matchmaking Service

Schifflebein's Folly by IrisChacon2

A hunky carpenter plans to adopt six kids -- IF he can convince authorities that he is not crazy

A hunky carpenter plans to adopt six kids -- IF he can convince authorities that he is not crazy. He isn't. His teapot really DOES talk! This is a funny way to build a family!

Glamour by sammaglamma

Witch or wolf, whatever she is: she's dangerous

The darkness has nestled a spot under the heart of Eris Meyer, eating it's way through her hardened vessel and creating gaps in her reality. Because she was born a witch, from the Sangre bloodline, she's been haunted by her father's shadow, a Dead King, and another young man who seems to know more about Eris than she even knows about herself.

In a world still being uncovered by the young witch, destined for evil, she slowly uncovers herself and the secrets behind her future and her past.

If only the adventure for the young witch stopped at making her first love potion, instead- it was just the beginning.

The Red Hunter by Belle_Books05

*A Little Red Riding Hood retelling*

---
Rose LaRoux is not your delicate flower.

At least not after witnessing her Grandmother's murder by a monster she thought only lived in grim fairy tales. It's been ten years since then and Rose is not only a hunter, but one of the best. A life dedicated to revenge, she won't stop until she's killed every last werewolf.

But what will she do when a series of events leaves her abandoned and in the hands of a beast she swore to kill? Can she let go of the past or will she be stuck seeing only red forever?

-----------------

I was bloody.

I was beaten.

I was weaponless.

I was poisoned.

And I was alone, but hopefully not for long. I only had one thought coursing through my mind, and I would let nothing hold me back from it.

Nothing was going to stop me from killing Kane.

Kane, who killed innocents. Kane, who took my weapons. Kane, who poisoned me. Kane, who stole Jack from me. Kane, the beast hiding in this warehouse waiting for me.

I didn't fight the grin growing on my face as I took a step forward towards the abandoned structure ahead.

Ready or not, here I come.