They walked out into the corridor and Harry began to find his shoelaces increasingly interesting. Remus looked at him lovingly.

"I heard something quite odd happened in potions this morning between you and Malfoy.Would you like to talk about it?" Harry was glad that he had someone like Remus to be there for him. Being that his entire family was dead, excluding the Dursleys, he was glad he had someone looking after him. Even so, this was not something he wanted to talk to his professor about, even if it was just Lupin.

"No sir, I'm alright." He avoided Remus' gaze as long as possible before he noticed that his professor was smiling at him. "You're beginning to scare me Professor." It looked as though Lupin was looking behind Harry before he turned around and left him in the corridor in order to dismiss the class a bit early. When Harry turned around Malfoy stood there with eyes as unreadable as ever and his poise recaptured in every stiff and alert movement.

"Potter." Harry looked over at the blonde and couldn't believe he had thought Malfoy could be able to show him any face other than this one of smug arrogance.

"Malfoy." He rolled his eyes and tried to stroll past the blonde before having his wrist grabbed and his entire body yanked back.

"I thought we were having a conversation here, Potter." He still had that smug look on his face.

"What gave you that idea?"

"I suppose it would be the way you're looking at me. It's sending chills down my spine." He spoke sarcastically, but Draco meant every word.

"Oh Merlin's beard, Malfoy. Will you stop this nonsense already! Do I have to apologize for finding you attractive now as well!?" Harry squeaked as he realized what he had said and snatched away from Malfoy before he had a chance to bore those gray orbs into him and his heated cheeks.

Draco was too stunned to speak.

The golden boy found him attractive? This had to be some sort of cruel joke.

As he heard Harry walk off he made his way to his last class of the day , Transfiguration. Which just happened to be one of his more annoying lessons. He rolled his eyes and made his way down the corridor and towards the stairs.

Draco was going to head to class. He really was, but somehow he found himself in one of the less populated parts of the library surrounded by books about love. He had a thought while on the way to Transfiguration. Was there a way to change your sense of attraction and therefore your ideal scent from Amortentia? After reading through 6 books almost as thick as A History of Magic and just as boring, he found nothing even close to being helpful until he began reading "Love: Potions, Parts, Poets, & Premise" which mentioned something along the lines of: "allowing the aroma of those that you love to surround you will help ensure that your love stays strong, true and pure."

Maybe that was the issue. It wasn't that Draco was in love with Harry, it's just that his scent was familiar and it had tricked his senses into creating a false love from memories and feelings of security. Malfoy rolled his eyes. He knew something was up. His heart had been beating too wildly when Potter was around. And even wilder when he thought of him. Potter was the same annoying Gryffindor he had been yesterday.

If this was first year or even fourth year Draco may have admitted that his feelings were real, but there was too much hanging in the balance for him to possibly accept that now. His father was a Death Eater and he was pretending to be one. Admitting his love for The-Boy-Who-Lived would not help him be a believable pawn for the Dark Lord, regardless how great Potter smelled up close. Or how fast Draco's heart beat when he thought of those emerald eyes and seemingly soft hair.