Trust Me

“Josie,” A soft voice answered from above where I lay with my pressed into the crook of Andrey’s love seat and my shins hung over the edge in a bridal like position. The scent of warm salty cheese, beef and salsa cascaded from the platter Susan held close with a warm smile, “You haven’t eaten all day. It’s not good for the baby.”

A baby. I turned to the left and pressed my head against the soft upholstery, and pulled my legs in until I’d found myself in a fetal position, “I don’t care.”

I wanted to be nicer, especially since Susan had been there all along to help my mother clean me when I was unconscious and had supported her son with the decision to keep me in their home. Even though that had meant her immediate removal from Ivaylo’s home and her position as his cook. According to her she’d fled the grounds the minute Andrey had pulled up to Ivaylo’s home with me in the backseat, the both of them had known that she couldn’t stay there without becoming a victim of his murderous rage.

“Yes you do. Sit up and eat hun.”

“No.”

“Please?”

“No.”

“Josie, stop being stubborn and eat!”

“I. Said. NO.”

I didn’t care if I starved to death. Maybe the baby would take a hint and die when my energy ran too low.

Selfish thoughts were in abundance that day. I thought about how easy I could break the deal with Ivanna if I got rid of the baby. If I got rid of the baby I could escape without her. I could shave my head bald, get new clothes and head to Georgia and stay with my friend. I could give myself a new alias and just leave.

“Fine…fine,” she walked away and left me alone to wallow in my misery, something which I gladly thanked her for. After she’d gone I unraveled myself from my cramped position on the couch and rose up.

The same people who were when I woke up remained there but in different areas of the house. Andrey hadn’t given me a straight answer since Ivaylo had left two hours ago and I wasn’t up for anymore coddling from mama or Susan. They were great, but I wasn’t in the right state of mind to receive them peacefully.

I wanted to be elsewhere and un-pregnant.

The living room area was empty except for me and a ghost-tow when I passed the kitchen and climbed those castle like stairs again. The architecture of the mansion or whatever it was, was breathtaking. I ran my hand along the banister, inhaled the woodsy scent of  Andrey’s home until I’d made my way to that same bed and collapsed as if I’d never had a days sleep in my entire life.

The sound of rain and thunder cracking outside woke me up. Except for the thin stream of silver light that had made it’s way into the room, there was nothing more. I rolled over to the right and blinked.

Normally I would have screamed, seeing as how there hadn’t been a single body in the room when I’d first stumbled in, but instead I stared…at Andrey. He sat up, the thin silver light cut across his face at a diagonal angle revealed closed eyelids and further down a chest that rose steadily with his soft breaths.

I dug my elbow into the soft mattress, and propped my head up.

I couldn’t help myself, I had to stare, there was no other option in my mind other than to stare and admire him.

It’s not every day that a guy goes against his wolf-crazy alpha brother to save his battered whore. Something could be said about that right?

I mean there I was, pregnant, freshly recovered from a prime A ass whooping as given to me by my pimp and his brother, his (hopefully) sweet brother was at my rescue.