Fourteen ; You were my best friend.

votes and comments are highly appreciated! xo

Sighing to herself, Cherri opened the door to the apartment, tossing her keys and bag down as soon as she got inside. "Finally," she slammed the door behind her, closing her eyes in exhaustion.

"Why are you back so late?" Ashton asked from the couch, turning his attention away from his conversation with Chuck. "My boss gave me a double shift without telling me beforehand. And nobody was there to help me. It was fucking awful," Cherri sighed, rubbing her temples. Her job at the Quick and Easy Café was fun at times and the pay was good and all, but her boss seemed to take advantage of her eagerness.

"There's more beers in the fridge if ya want one," Chuck motioned towards the kitchen as he stared at the TV. "More beers? You guys can get more beers but no Advil?" Cherri grumbled to herself, but still walked over to the fridge to grab a bottle. She popped the lid off and took a swig, walking back over to Ashton and Chuck, who returned to their conversation.

"What are you talking about?" Cherri raised an eyebrow as she propped herself up on the arm of the couch beside Ashton. "Just guy stuff," Chuck shrugged halfheartedly.

"Ah, c'mon Chucky. We can tell the lady what's going on," Ashton chuckled, and reached up to pull Cherri onto his lap. She squirmed uncomfortably and tried to get up, but he held onto her waist firmly. Cherri sighed and glanced at Chuck. "Yeah, Chucky. You can tell me what's up," she gave him a smirk as she took a sip of her beer.

"It's just Luke. He's been acting strange," Chuck shrugged, repositioning himself on the couch to get comfortable. He raised an eyebrow at Cherri, glancing at Ashton, and back up at her. She shrugged lightly, squirming around again to try and make Ashton release her. Her mind went to her best friend, Sam. She wondered what she would think of this whole situation, since she had a huge crush on Ashton and all.

"Oh, Luke?" Cherri said quickly, trying to distract herself. She perked up at the mention of his name.

"Yeah, haven't you noticed?" Ashton snorted in annoyance.

"I mean, I don't know. I haven't really seen him since the dorm party on Thursday night. He did seem a little strange that afternoon when he got rejected by that girl," Cherri thought aloud, tapping her fingernails on the bottle.

"Wait, what? Rejected by a girl? Who?" Chuck exclaimed, propping his elbows on his knees. Ashton's grip seemed to tighten around Cherri's waist at the mention of that.

"Uh, I forgot her name. But she was short with brown hair," she shrugged. "Wow, real specific, Cher," Chuck chuckled halfheartedly.

"It had to be Quinn," Ashton blurted out, turning to look at Chuck, who gave him a shrug. "How the fuck do you know her name?" Cherri frowned slightly, taking a sip of her beer.

"He brought her here," Chuck told her, sitting back into the couch cushion. Cherri almost spit out her drink. "Her? Why? I told him to find a girl at the fucking party! Why did he go back to her?" she exclaimed, staring with wide eyes at Chuck.

"Don't ask me. You know how he is. Always has to make sure his ego is in check," Chuck put his hands up in surrender.

"Did he, you know.. sleep with her?" Cherri asked uncomfortably. She crossed her arms over her chest, turning her gaze to the floor. "No. He slept on the couch while she slept in his bed. It was very awkward this morning: he wouldn't explain anything to me," Ashton mumbled.