14. The social butterfly

Start from the beginning

"I just said freaking, dad. At least it wasn't fucking."

"Don't play clever games with me."

Laughing along with Marie over dad's reaction, I took the mob from her and went back to my room. 

I started to keep up the clothes and settled them. 

To make it an enjoyable experience, I grabbed my cell phone and played a fast rhythm song to pump up myself.

 I was a huge fan of classic rock, but it wasn't time for that.

The songs played on and so did my cleaning. I was dressed comfortably in my pink top that reached till my knee. Dad brought it for me with the thought that it might me a perfect fit for me. The end result was, that it looked more like a night dress than a shirt on me because of its size.

I heard the doorbell ring and waited for a moment in case someone else went to answer it. And when no response came, I ran downstairs to open it.

I opened the door and found Ryan standing in front of me.

He was dressed in a white shirt and formal pants. His hair was combed perfectly and that mesmerizing smile placed over his lips never left.

I saw him giving me a thumbs up once he looked at my appearance at the moment and fixed his eyes on my legs.

"What?" I asked.

"Nothing," Ryan replied smirking.

"Why are you alone? Where are your parents?" I asked, trying to grab his attention from my legs to my words, but looked like it wasn't working to well.

"Stop looking at my legs and answer the damn question," I shouted. My shouting caused dad to come out of his room. 

"What happened?" he looked at me and then noticed Ryan,"Oh, hello, Ryan. When did you came?" 

"Good evening, sir. Just now and dad and mom are just coming. They are in the car." Ryan answered politely.

Dad turned to me and widened his eyes. 

"Jade, it would be better if you go and change before the dinner," he said softly.

"Yeah, dad." I gave Ryan a last deadly glance and went upstairs

When I came down again, everyone was busy talking and  Sage was dressed up in a sensational green dress and looking elegant than ever. 

Who says my sister wasn't beautiful? They should give her a look at the moment and all their jaws will touch the ground. She was, without any doubt, the most beautiful girl int he world, both inside and out.

A little annoying something, but definitely gorgeous.

*****

"So, how was the dinner? Hope you liked it," Dad asked with a smile.

The dinner was already over and now we were sitting in the living room. We ate chicken, so I was rejoiced by that fact.

"It was great. It was an amazing night we had with you and your lovely family," Mrs Matthews replied, smiling as well.

"Plus, we love your daughters too." Mr. Matthews exclaimed, chuckling.

Aw, thank you, the Matthews. 

I walked to Ryan and spoke,"Why did you do that for."

"Did what, Apple pie?" 

And then came that spine chilling smile.

"Okay, first, I was talking about the detention incident from the maths class and second, why do you smile like that all the time?"

"Okay, so about the math class, it was not a problem. I thought you'll say thank you and kiss me for that but all I get is your screaming. That's rude. And second, I love to smile, baby. It makes my already great looks even better." 

Talk about being modest.

"Huh, like I'll ever kiss you for something that was your fault."

"So, you knew it was my fault but then also, you came to ask me about it?"

"I just wanted to hear it from you."

I knew it was my fault as well, but I wasn't going to accept that; especially in front of that guy.

"Just be honest and admit that you can't keep yourself away from me, Cheesecake."

"You know what, I was making my mind to thank you for that, but you just spoiled your chances by your enormous ego!" I paused, went closer to his ear and shouted,"You hear me, your big ego!"

I was trying to set him up with my sister and he was trying to hit on me? How could he even think of that?

****

"Ryan, you have to come." I shouted.

"I won't. I know you'll bring Sage again and run away," Ryan exclaimed from the other side of the phone.

So, after a lots of thinking or Googling about how to set people up, I decided that I would take Ryan and Sage to another date. I was trying so hard but all that wasn't working. They weren't even trying to like each other. Stubborns!

So, I was on the phone with Ryan, begging him to come on the date with Sage and trying to make him believe that I won't run this time.

"I won't. I promise. Please," I pleaded.

"You know, that it's not working, Pineapple," he replied in a singing manner.

"But what goes in trying, Matthews."

He sighed deeply and spoke,"Why do you have to be so stubborn all the time?"

After a moment of silence, he finally answered,"Okay, fine. I'll come. You happy now?"

"Happy? I'm over the clouds right now."

Mission accomplished! 

************

This chapter is dedicated to @Nemo2202! She made such an amazing cover! Check it on the side, banner made by her in the external link! Thank you! Plus, the awesome trailer as well!  

Special Mentions : @elmothing, @sawda143, @TrishaJanine! Thanks for your votes and comments! 

Hope you liked this filler and have a great day. <3