Stanley Worthington

Author's note: Last chapter (haha suckers). If you crave more endless fluff from yours truly just ask. I literally check Wattpad 20 times a day so there's no doubt I'll see it :) Happy reading!

John landed on the roof, setting Nine down gently on his head. The older boy jumped up immediately and nearly fell over from dizziness. John chuckled lightly and touched his hand delicately against Nine's cheek, relieving his headache. In return, Nine punched him. Because of course he does.

"That was for the ride." Nine crossed his arms and pouts.

John kissed him. "You're welcome."

"Eat shit, Johnny."

"Aw, don't you remember all good times we had up here, though?" John swept his hand gesturing to the rooftop.

"Hmm..." Nine moved closer. "You mean me kicking your sorry ass up here?"

"Hey man, I'll rematch you any time you want. I'm sure the winner will probably be different this time."

"Mmm, yeah right. In your dreams, Fireboy."

John smiled and slid his arms around Nine's waist. "Worth a shot."

They stood there for a while, vertically cuddling. Nine sucked in a deep breath, his nose pressed up against John's hair. He knew if he didn't do it in that moment, it he would never be able to gather the courage to do it. So he did it.

Nine pulled back from John. He seized up the shorter boy's features; every uneven golden lock illuminated in the moonlight, every sunkissed freckle on every inch of his tanned nose and cheeks, and every galaxy hidden in his cobalt eyes.

Little did Nine know, John was observing him as well. John admired how gorgeous Nine's long ebony hair looked tickling his skin. The way Nine had a crooked and uncontrollable smile every time he set eyes on him. The eyes that dilated and swirled with happiness with each new day.

They each began speaking at the same time.

"So Nine, what I was saying-"

"John, there's something I wanted-"

They paused, daring the other to continue.

"You go first-"

"Go ahead-"

The couple glared at each other.

"I'll go first-"

"I can start-"

Nine growled. "Damnit Johnny! I'm going first; shut your beautiful face!"

John fell silent.

"Ok, well, shit. I- I know it's been- it's been a little while. It probably hasn't been long enough. But living like I have been showed me that life ain't a forgiving bitch, and I could go any day now. I say fuck it."

John watched him intently. He was always a good listener.

"What- what I'm trying to say is- I- this has been the best year of my life. I wanted this so badly for so fucking long, and to make up for that lost time, I figured you would do me a favor."

Nine shakily slipped his hand into his pocket and felt the hard outside of the petite box. Was he really about to do this? "S-so... I want to spend the rest of my life with you. I want you to be with me every second of every goddamned day. I want you to feel the same. Johnny- John. Will- will you marry me?" He pulled out the box and revealed the glittery prize inside.

John seemed to be shocked beyond words. He stood there, swaying, for about a minute. Then Nine saw a grin spread on the boy's face.

And then he heard him laughing.

At first, it was soft snickering. Within seconds, it became full snorts and giggles to the point where John had to balance himself on all fours. Nine didn't understand.

"Wha- Johnny?"

"I-I'm sorry," John gasps, wiping a tear from his eyes. "It's just- just-"

Nine felt his face grow red, tears beginning to form behind his eyelids. "It's just you don't want to. I get it. I understand, John." The box slipped between his fingers and Nine turned to leave, feeling hard sobs coming on. I guess he could have seen that coming; but did John really have to laugh in his face about the idea? Was he that disgusted? Was it all fake?

"Nine, wait," John called out. Nine didn't look back.

"Nine!" The shorter boy grabbed firmly onto the other's arm. Nine kept his face hidden. "I didn't mean it that way at all, I swear. I was only laughing because- Nine, look at me."

John lightly turned Nine to face him. He had the box that Nine almost dropped clutched in his fingers, which he then pressed back into Nine's hand. Nine's face was streaked with tears. John paused to kiss away each and every tear. When he was done, John pulled Nine in as close as he could, nuzzling his face into his chest. Nine ached for him and eventually squeezed him back.

"Stanley," John whispered. He pulled back temporarily. "The only reason I was laughing was because..." John looked down, and reached into his pocket. He brought out his tightened fist. Eventually, he opened it.

In the middle of his palm sat a box identical to Nine's.

Nine's breath completely stopped at the sight of the tiny box. He couldn't believe it. His eyes began to well up with tears once more, but instead of tears of pain, they were tears of joy.

"I thought it was funny... We kind of had the same idea."

John got down on one knee and popped open the box. "Stanley Worthington, will you-"

Nine fell to the ground and roughly grabbed John's face in his hands, kissing him repeatedly. "YES! God yes! Yes yes yes yes yes! Oh my- Fuck, yes!"

Nine pulled back for a quick moment, their bodies still pressed close together they each could hear each other's heavy breathing. Both sets of eyes were sparkling with pristine teardrops. "Does-does that mean- so is that a yes-?" Nine stammered.

"Yes of course!" John replied jubilantly. He kissed Nine hard on the mouth once, then twice on his cheeks, gripping him tightly on the sides of his face. "Yes of course, a thousand times over I would say yes, Stanley I love you."

Nine faltered. "You- you really love me?"

"How many times do I have to say? I love you so much, Stanley." John let out a noise that was halfway between a laugh and a sob.

Nine couldn't help but cry on John's shoulder. He was so happy. So, so happy.

John stroked Nine's hair and simply held him. When finally Nine gave a last sniff, he stayed, cheek pressed against John's neck. "So..." he mumbled, "where's our hotel room again?"

That made John laugh. "Before we go there, you need to calm down. I'm not considering anything with you sobbing all over me."

"Don't worry about me, Johnny. It'll be good, I promise."