"Of course I talked to Hermione. She chased me down for at least 20 minutes before forcing me to listen."

Ron was in the bathroom during the entire potions debacle and was too oblivious to notice anything had happened once he had returned.

"You didn't even tell me you were into blokes like that, Harry. Or blokes at all to be quite honest," Ron spoke as though he was heartbroken. "We're best friends yet you won't even let me be there for you. And Malfoy!? Of all the students in this school?"

"Well I didn't think it was very important whether I liked blokes or not. Plus do you honestly think it's going to be kept quiet for much longer. Rita Skeeter is probably half way done with an article by now. Not to mention I don't like Malfoy, let alone liking him that way. He's an arse. I could never look at him that way. It's just something pleasant about his scent, it has to be. And I promise I'll let you know if anything changes." Harry stretched and made his way around Ron and towards the door that led out of the common room. A smile broke out across Ron's face as he got an idea.

The questions wouldn't stop the entire walk to the Great Hall.

"So is that what was going on with you and Cedric during fourth year?" Harry rolled his eyes and tried to walk faster to get away from the Weasley that wouldn't stop hounding him with questions.

"We aren't having this discussion right now, Ron," Harry said and Ron nodded before speaking.

"You're right, we can talk over lunch!" Ron ran off to join Hermione at the Gryffindor table and Harry mumbled under his breath before joining them.

As he made his way over to the table he noticed how many people were watching him. It was as though both Slytherins and Gryffindors could agree that their chosen one was uncomfortable and their gazes were gone almost as quickly as they had met him.

Harry sat quickly and let his forehead hit the table, shielding him from any prying eyes as he blushed uncontrollably. He discovered he was never going to be used to the feeling of being watched. As he swam in self loathing and embarrassment Draco walked in and made his way to the opposite side of the room sitting at the Slytherin table, being followed by both Crabbe & Goyle.

As he slowly grabbed a firm green apple he looked across the hall to where Harry usually sat and felt confused when he wasn't there. He shifted a bit to get a better view before noticing that he merely had his head on the table. As if he had been shocked Harry looked up at him. He smirked and took a bite out of his apple and began chewing, only stopping to lick the juice from his lips and go in for another bite. Harry blushed and looked away before forcing his head back to the table.

Once lunch had ended the students of Hogwarts began to slowly make their way back to their classes. Harry had Defense Against the Dark Arts next and he wasn't prepared to miss it over a weird stare during lunch and a scent slip up in Potions. This was another Malfoy free class and he could easily take his mind off of it. Or so he thought. Once his foot was on the other side of the door he was being pulled across the hallway and down a set of stairs into a random unused classroom. He barely had time to scream before he realized what was going on. As he went to speak he noticed something. That sweet vanilla and that easy citrus.

Malfoy.

"What do you want, Malfoy?" Asked Harry, rolling his eyes. It was almost instinct to be pissed off at Malfoy, just to be pissed off.

"Potter, you know what I noticed?" Draco asked as though they always had casual conversations in abandoned classrooms.

"That you're a pompous git and we're going to be late to our classes?" Harry spoke sarcastically while trying to remove himself from both Draco's stare and the wall he had been pinned to.

"No," said Draco angrily as though he was being awoken from a dream. "You smell like treacle tarts and broomstick polish."

"Well isn't that grand? Can you let me go to class now?"

"You haven't had treacle tart in days. Not to mention you don't have quidditch practice until Wednesday."

"Is there a point here, Malfoy?"

"Will you just let me fini-I think...What I mean is that, I think I know what Amortentia smells like to me." Draco looked into Harry's eyes with anger and hopefulness.

"Okay. Am I supposed to ask in order to know that too?" Harry's heart was beating a bit faster now, but it wasn't because he was nervous. No. Definitely not. It was because he was anxious because Draco could possibly kill him not to mention he was running late for Defense Against the Dark Arts (DADA). Yep. Thats why.

Draco leaned in close enough to Harry so that when he spoke, his breath fanned smoothly across his lips.

"It smells like you, Potter."

Harry closed his eyes as Draco leaned in closer to him, before he realized what he was doing he was leaning into Draco as well. He snapped out of it just before their lips touched and pushed Draco away.

"Nice try, Malfoy. You almost had me. Just because I like how you smell doesn't mean I like you. Sometimes I may even want to have sex with you, but all I have to do is think about who you are and remember how much I hate you." Harry storms away, rushing to class before he really does get a week or two worth of detention.

Draco was still staring at the spot Harry had left for almost five minutes when he decided it was best to just go back to the Slytherin dorms. Missing another class wouldn't throw him that far behind. He had already completed his homework and he was sure he could easily come up with some excuse as to why he wasn't there when Blaise or Pansy asked, but right now he had to bathe.

Not only had he almost kissed Potter, he admitted how Amortentia smelt of Harry and the chosen one had even begun to mention how he sometimes thought of having sex with a certain Slytherin.

He could not run to the showers fast enough. After brewing that potion this morning it was as though Potter's scent had become even more intoxicating. He felt drawn to him in a way he hadn't been before. He wanted to be near him and see him smile. He wanted to be able to kiss Harry's soft pink lips while soothing his scar and running his hands through his dark curls or doing anything else that would make Harry happy.

He didn't remember ingesting any of the love potion, but he was sure something was going on, because he would never think about Potter that way. Maybe it was the fact that Potter had admitted his thoughts and partial feelings that led Draco to begin experiencing his own. Whatever it was, he had to figure it out before he saw Potter again or who knows what he may do.

~~~~<~>~~~~

Thank you for reading! I totally appreciate it. I'm not from the UK at all.

I'm a Hogwarts transfer from Ilvermorny.

I'm terribly sorry if the wording or grammar or whatever is off.

Lemme know what you think! This story will get sęxual at some point so you have been warned. New chapter will be up later/tomorrow.

you can hang with me & other drarry lovers on discord:

https://discord.gg/MBMFCXm

Thanks Again! ☺️

-- angel janeé xoxo