Click, click, click

Just like I promised, the dedication goes to @BrandiHarten, who was the first person to guess the main protagonist and the title of the story. Good job, gurl. I'm proud of you!

***

I sat in the armchair, playing Little Big Planet on my PSP. I clicked on the buttons furiously, trying to block out Dom's and Abi's little talk.

"Oh come on. This movie sucks." Dom complained, throwing his head back against the cushions.

He and Abi were curled together on the couch, with her folded between his legs. I had no intentions of paying them much attention but I could see the way his thumb slid back and forward along her stomach, making Abi's shirt ride up with every move. And as much as I loved the two of them and wished them all the best, I wasn't really in for watching this two cuddle.

"You suck." Abi said without moving her gaze away from the screen.

I kept clicking. I've just unblocked the levels in Africa and was determined to finish them all.

"Uh-uh, Sweetie." Dom's voice dropped to a low murmur. I don't know if he thought he was being quiet but I could still hear him. "I'm not the one who sucks here."

Click, click, click.

"Omigod stop doing this!" Abi exclaimed, kicking him in the leg. "You and your ego are not the only ones in this room."

"So if we were, I would be allowed to be a pervert?"

Click, click, click.

"No." She murmured. "You're never allowed to be a pervert."

"I beg to differ." Even though I didn't lift my gaze from my game I still could imagine what expression he was wearing. "You allow me to be a pervert in some situations."

Click, click, click, click.

"One more word and you're out of here."

"But -"

Click, click.

"Okay, that's it."

I raised my eyes from the screen and watched Abi wiggle out of Dom's grasp and stand up.

"Your time here is over." She told Dom, standing over him with her arms crossed on her chest. "You are free to leave."

He stretched out on the couch and laced his hands behind his head.

"Make me."

Click, click, click.

Abi raised a brow.

"Is that a challenge?"

Dom's lips stretched into a smile.

"Always."

Click, click, click, click, click.

I focused back on the game, wishing I could disappear. I knew my presence here didn't bother them but it didn't stop me from feeling like an intruder. Over a month passed since the time both of them finally let go of the crap they had been dealing with and found their happily ever after. And I was happy for them. I really was. I knew what both of them had gone through since the day Abi dented his bumper and honestly thought they deserved their happiness. But it still didn't change the fact that I wasn't entirely comfortable around them when they started doing... Well, what they were doing at the moment.

And even though I appreciated Abi's attempts to tame Dom a bit, I knew how hard it was to handle him. Even for her.

"Okay, time for me to go." I stated, standing up and throwing my PSP onto the armchair.