Author Spotlight: @krazydiamond

Kristin, you're pretty prolific, certainly when it comes to writing for us here at TK

Kristin, you're pretty prolific, certainly when it comes to writing for us here at TK. What's that all about?

I love to experiment with subgenres. Never know when you'll find one to fall in love with. I think its a great way to stretch yourself as a writer as well.

If you had to select a favourite of all your TK submissions, which one would it be and why? Yes, I'm asking you to select your #1 child!

I love all the stories to a certainly, but I have to say The Punk Wars issue turned into a eureka moment of inspiration. The Tavern at the Corner of the Multiverse actually inspired a full out and out story and it was so much fun to write.

What're your experiences writing Science Fiction outside of Tevun-Krus?

Both my large works are off shoots of sci fi. The Zombies vs Aliens books poke fun at a few genre tropes while Marrow Charm is Dark Fantasy with a sci fi alternate history twist. I have always loved the genre, raised on a healthy diet of speculative fiction and entertainment.

In your view, what is the best thing about Tevun-Krus?

Definitely the crew. New people come in and out all the time but there is a core Ooorah crew that never fails to entertain and pumps out excellent stories with every issue. They make it all a blast to be a part of.

And finally, what advice can you give to someone who might be looking to write within a massive variety of Sci-Fi sub-genres, just as you have done and, to be fair, continue to do?

It's okay if you discover a particular sub genre you are trying out is not your thing. Basically, don't be afraid to suck. There will be stories you are never satisfied with or missed the mark, but the idea is you tried, you put yourself out there and learned something new about yourself as a writer. And then you move on to the next sub genre XD