"Mi-Miss Hun-Hunter," she stuttered, quickly cowering back.

"Be tough," Sayer whispered in my ear, pushing me towards the girl. I was startled, for two reasons. One, what the hell did Sayer mean by 'be tough'? Did he mean kick the girls ass (which I couldn't do) or shout accusing things at her or not back down? Two, the girl standing before me was Evelyn's mirror image, funny how things work out.

"E-Ev-Eve..." I stuttered in response and I heard Sayer give an exasperated groan behind me.

"Um, excuse me?" the pixie frowned. 

"Oh, I, um, you just look very familiar, but that is to be expected, I have met mostly every Dusarla," I quickly spluttered.

Sayer cursed and kicked me, "She's a pixie idiot, remember? Pixie burning down the tower," he hissed at me.

I bit my lip and swiftly corrected myself, "And most pixies as well. I have... heard of you before."

The girl blushed and brought her hands down from the surrender position, "I am Ariadne Dawson, I am sorry to bother you, Miss Hunter. It seems you have a great talent for the elements, bringing down my fire."

"Actually, it was Dwynwen who-" I started but Dwynwen interjected before I had finished.

"Our Lady is always so modest," she said, smiling, "Giving others credit for her work."

"Yes I-- wait, I what?" I said in confusion.

"So very modest, we our proud to lend our services to her," Sayer added, giving me 'shut up now' look. I nodded and bit my lip to stop myself from making any more stupid mistakes.

"Of course, I would expect nothing less of the Hunter's daughter," Ariadne said, I noticed she did not call them Lord and Lady like Dwynwen and Sayer did.

Some clashing made me look past Ariadne to see several men dressed in silver approaching her from behind. One was holding a sword and looked as though he was about to slice Ariadne in half with much enjoyment. Another held a gun, pointed at the back of her head and the third was un armed and stood to the side with a proud expression on his face. I guessed he was the leader.

The man with the sword grabbed Ariadne's right arm while the other grabbed her left and Ariadne screamed in surprise. Kicking her feet and waving her arms around frantically, Ariadne tried to escape. The first man put his sword to her throat and Ariadne suddenly went limp, her eyes staring at the sword in fear. They started to drag her away when I spoke up.

"Where are you going with her?" I asked, my voice wavering slightly.

The man in charge looked at me and bowed his head, "Lady Hunter, we are just taking this pesky pixie down to the dungeons to pay for her crime."

"Stop. Do not take her there," I said, the words rushing out uncontrollably. I didn't know why I said that, Ariadne had broken the rules, but she looked so much like Evelyn it hurt to see her in trouble.

"But, my Lady, she has-"

"I demand you let her go, now," I said, shocked by the hostility in my voice.

"My Lady, we cannot-"

"I said let her go!" I shouted at him, my anger rising, why weren't they listening? I thought Khadi was respected here. "Let her go, now."

"Of course, my Lady. As you wish," the man nodded to the two other guards who quickly released Ariadne. The pixie looked at me in astonishment, as did the three guards.

"That will be all, you may leave now," my voice was steady again, though inside I was still in shock at my actions. The three guards nodded and without hesitation, scampered away.

"Way to wind up in a hole..." muttered Sayer, running a hand through his blonde hair. Dwynwen said nothing, she just glared at Ariadne while Ariadne looked at the floor, her cheeks flushing bright red.

"Thank you..." she whispered, "Thank you for saving me." I shrugged as if it was no big deal, but from the way the other three were acting, it was.

"What did I do wrong?" I sighed, putting my hands in my pockets and looking up to the sky.

"You saved the damn pixie, that's what," grumbled Sayer. I rolled my eyes, what was so bad about saving someone? It seemed Sayer had something against fairies and pixies. Maybe he was jealous of their power. I shook my head, I doubted that highly. It was more of fear mixed with disgust.

"Well, I'm sorry, next time why don't you give me a hand book of what not to do?" I snapped back, "You got me into this mess."

Dwynwen touched Sayer's arm gently and he bit back his retort, growling at me. I raised a brow, I doubted he was allowed to do that, I was the Lord and Lady's daughter after all, I could punish him for that. But you won't, and he knows that. You're not Khadi. You've said that and he's said that. A voice in my head replied to my unspoken statement.

"Valcreai isn't Earth. Remember that," Sayer said, his eyes locking with mine. I knew he wanted to say more but he held it in, refusing to let himself continue.

"You know I'm still here and I can hear everything..." Ariadne spoke up. Sayer turned to glare at her and she quickly bit her lip and resumed studying the floor.

"I'll take the pixie outside the castle. Dwynwen, take Morga-Khadi, sorry, to the Element Chamber. I will meet you there," Sayer said, walking up to Ariadne and shoving her down the hallway.

I looked after them, worried for Ariadne even though I knew Sayer wouldn't harm her. Dwynwen pulled at my sleeve.

"Come on," she said, beckoning me to follow. With one last glance at Sayer and Ariadne, I turned and followed Dwynwen to what ever this Element Chamber was.