“Yeah?”

         “Well, I have this agreement with Professor McGonagall. When I was in St. Mungos I had a muggleborn healer, her name was Deena, she was the one who found out my short term memory loss wasn’t caused by Ron’s spell but from the collision with the wall, thanks to your father. Well, she came from a family of psychiatrists; I’ve been going to see her sister every Friday the past couple of months. She diagnosed me with PTSD-post traumatic stress disorder. I haven’t been feeling well; I keep reliving everything that happened to me. I can’t stop thinking about it. She told me some of the symptoms are insomnia and the tendency to avoid everything that can remind you of the traumatic accident. You remind me of it, Draco. Your father looked like you while he tortured me in the cave. That’s when it started. Even though I know it wasn’t you I still get flashbacks of the pain he caused me when I look at you.” Hermione’s eyes were fixed on the floor, she didn’t even look at me once while speaking, but suddenly everything made sense.

         “That’s why you never look at me anymore?”

         “Yes. That’s why I wanted to spend some time with Caleb, I can relax in his company, I don’t think about the past months when I’m with him. Nothing about him reminds me of it. Except,” I let out a relieved breath; I had waited patiently for that one word. “Today I realized how much he’s like you. When he kissed me, it kind of reminded me of my birthday, remember that night?”

I smiled to myself, of course I remembered that night. It was the first time we kissed, I had fundamentally tricked her into kissing me, and that was the night I realized how much I loved her. She’d later told me that was when she realized she still love me as well. I really hoped she wasn’t going where I thought she was going with this.

         “It was so different with you. When we kissed that night it was pure passion, I had never felt such fire inside me. When Caleb kissed me it just felt forced, it was so uncomfortable. I hated every second. I realized how much I actually love you, despite what I’ve said the past months.  I really do love you, Draco.” Those were the words I’d been waiting to hear.

         “I love you too,” Hermione finally looked up from the floor and into my eyes. I had almost forgotten how gorgeous hers were. Such a rich chocolate colour, it never seized to amaze me. She leaned closer, wrapping her arms around my neck; her eyes flickered between my eyes and my lips. My hands found their way to her hips and gently I pulled her closer to me. There was heat between us, radiating, making us glow. Everything around us seemed to fade as her lips gently grazed mine. Even that simple connection between us made my insides flare up, but I didn’t want to push my limits. The skin on my neck burned where her hands touched. The energy flowing between us was enough to make us both lose our breath.

         “What’s wrong?” her voice wasn’t much louder than a whisper when she spoke. I pulled back so I could look at her. My fingers caressed her cheek and she closed her eyes and leaned into my hand, moaning quietly.

         “What about our baby?” Her eyes snapped open at my question, mine flickered between her belly and her face unsure of how she would reply.

         “Well, I know how you feel about me now, but how about our baby?” She wrapped her arm subconsciously around her tummy in a protective way.

         “I will do anything to protect our child. The reason I’ve been so hostile about him is because I’ve been terrified of admitting it was actually happening to us. But I know now how amazing it is, I already love this little guy so much,” Her words brought tears to my eyes, my hands wrapped themselves in her hair and I pressed my lips against hers in a glee filled kiss.

         “It’s a him?” I laughed when we eventually pulled apart. Hermione wiped away one of my happy tears with a finger and smiled at me.

         “I don’t know. It just feels like a him,” I noticed she was crying as well.

         “You are so beautiful. I don’t think I tell you that enough,” I told her as I wiped away her tears with my thumbs, she giggled and placed her arms around my neck again. “I missed hearing that sound. You know, your giggling.”

         “I love you,” she whispered before kissing me again. For a moment my brain shut down, and the pure rapture of our shape-shifting lips swirling and puckering with each delightful smack overcame my body. Her arms pressed my head against hers, her fingers tangled in my hair while mine rediscovered her goddess-like curves and thighs. I pushed up her skirt and just as I reached the edge of her underwear she gasped and pulled away.

         “I’m sorry,” I breathed, knowing I went to far. Hermione licked her lips seductively as we locked eyes.

         “Don’t apologize, love. You just surprised me, that’s all. Keep going,” she whispered, pressing her abdomen closer to me. Our lips met again and I let my fingers slip underneath her panties and into her. She moaned with desire as another finger entered her. After a moment I stopped and we very quickly got undressed and got in bed. Once underneath the sheets I got on top and slowly entered her. Her eyes fluttered close in pleasure and as she tilted her head backwards an incredibly seductive whimper escaped her lips.

HERMIONE’S POV

My whole body was aching afterwards, a few too many positions had been tried out, not saying it wasn’t fun, but I was so sore. Draco was spooning me, holding me close with one arm draped over my waist. Once in a while I felt his lips on my head, neck, back or shoulder.

         “I’ve missed this,” I said, turning around to face the love of my life.

         “What, sex?” That unbelievably sexy smirk was back on his face, it was a smirk I hadn’t seen in a very long time.

         “No, just being with you like this.” His eyebrows moved up his forehead in surprise, “well, the sex too I guess.” I giggled. One of Draco’s hands was slowly caressing my baby bump.

         “Do you want a boy or a girl?” He wondered out loud, kissing my forehead.

         “I don’t mind either! I would love to have a miniature you running around. I know I’ve never seen you as a little kid, but I imagine you as being really cute.”

         “Not as cute as you were. I would love a miniature Hermione.”

         “Maybe it’s twins?”

         “Don’t get my hopes up,”

         “Sorry.”

         “Hermione, may I ask you a question, my love?” Draco almost stuttered the words out, suddenly he sounded very nervous and it made me nervous as well. Things hardly ever ended well when he was worried, but I nodded anyway.

         “Will you marry me?”