News

Draco

The manor felt so empty. It had always felt empty, but it was different this time. It had finally started to feel like home again with Hermione around. I had finally felt safe in my own house again, but that was all ripped away from me in a heartbeat when I read the letter from her. Ginny and Harry had gotten all of the guests out of the manor quickly, and then I threw them out as well. I didn't have the energy to deal with their pity. My mother was the only one left, I couldn't really kick her out, it was her home as well. She had spent the evening packing up all the decorations, so when I got up the next morning there wasn't any signs that there should've been a wedding taking place.

She just didn't know I hadn't slept at all. I'd spent all night re-reading the letter from Hermione. Trying to make sense of it all. Of course I'd noticed she had been acting weird lately, I'd just written it off as wedding jitters. I never thought she had even contemplated leaving me. She was with a friend, she'd written. But what friend? It couldn't be Ginny. Her and Harry would've known about her leaving earlier, and they would've made her come back to me. I was sure of it. Ron perhaps? They hadn't spoken for a while, and then he suddenly appeared on our wedding day? I didn't really believe he was only there to support Hermione. He was still in love with her, and it was probably torture for him to see the love of his life getting married to his nemesis. I was sure. She had to be staying with Ron.

"How are you feeling darling?" Narcissa spoke quietly when she saw me enter the hall. It looked dark and gloomy compared to the day before. My mother had done a great job of removing all evidence of the wedding.

"How do you think I'm doing mother?" I sneered. she looked slightly hurt at my tone, but she tried to hide it with a small smile. She walked up to me, taking my hand.

"I know it's hard for you, Draco. I'm so sorry this happened. Everything was finally going well for the two of you. I don't know what to say. I don't know how to talk to you." She whispered.

I pulled my hand out of hers, turning my back to her. I couldn't be in this room. It was too hard. "Don't say anything. Nothing you can say will make it any better. Just leave me alone." I snapped before walking out on her. I heard her calling out my name before I turned a corner and started down a deserted hallway.

That hall was supposed to be filled with happiness now. None of us had entered it since Voldemort had been in power. I remember the last time Hermione had been in there. rubbing my temples I tried to push the memory out of my head. It hadn't been a pleasent event. Ron, Harry and Hermione had been captured, and she had been tortured by my crazy aunt. That had been a turning point for me. I'd helped them instead of the death eaters. I'd helped them escape, and gotten my own family in a lot of trouble. Just thinking of it made my left arm hurt, and even though I knew it was psychological I pushed up my sleeve to make sure the dark mark hadn't been activated again.

It looked as if the color had faded slightly, and it was as still as it had been since Voldemort's death. Fury burnt through me. Why had I been born into such a horrid family? For the rest of my life I would be known as a former death eater. A lot of people avoided me on the streets, and it was all my fathers fault. How could he and my mother have brought me into this world when such evil was alive?

I eventually found myself in the kitchen, after having wandered around the hallways aimlessly. On the kitchen counter was that days issue of The Daily Prophet. I sat down and started to flip through the pages, not really reading any of the articles until I came across an article that caught my eye.

Granger dumps former death eater.

By: Rita Skeeter

I shuddered involuntarily, how'd that nasty reporter get into the manor? She definitely hadn't been invited. I knew I would regret it but i continued reading.