Chapter One

(Dipper's POV)

"I'm so excited!!" Mabel shouted while we rode in the back seat of the bus.

"I know, I can't believe we're finally going back to Gravity Falls. I wonder what Soos did to the Mystery Shack while we were gone." Since it's going to be our sixteenth birthday we were able to convince our parents to let us spend this summer in Gravity Falls. It was an absolute miracle considering what happened last time; though no one told them all the details on how the summer ended, thankfully.

"I wonder if Waddles will be okay back at home." Mabel got sincere. I asked her to leave Waddles at home over the summer, in case something weird happened again that might put him in danger.

"Our parents love him! There's no way anything bad could happen to him while he's at home." Though it did take a while for them to even accept that Mabel now had a pet pig she was going to keep with her until her death. "It's going to be weird without Grunkle Stan or Ford." I mumbled to myself. They were out traveling and saving the world; I doubted we would be able to see them this summer. But at least we are going to be able to see Soos, The Mystery Shack, Mabel could meet her friends again, and I would be able to do some exploring in the forest around the Shack.

"I sent them a message! I bet they are already there waiting for us!" Mabel was convinced they were going to meet us there, and I didn't have the heart to crush her hopes.

"We're here!" I said excitedly when things started getting familiar; but, when the bus made it to its stop I couldn't see anyone waiting for us.

"Where is everyone?" Mabel looked at me disappointed in the lack of greeting. Honestly, I felt the same way. It took us longer to get off the bus than the driver was okay with, so in the end we were kicked off. "Do you think they forgot?"

"Maybe, they could just be late." I tried to cheer my sister up, but at the same time I didn't believe what I was saying. They had to have forgotten. "Let's just wait here for a while." Putting on a fake smile to keep my distraught sister from crying.

We had been sitting on the bus stop bench for almost an hour when I gave up on waiting for them. They must have forgotten us. I sighed and was about to tell Mabel we should just walk to the Shack when a loud racket from the road caught our attention. We looked at the same time. It was an all too familiar car. Heh, Soos even kept Grunkle Stan's car. Both of our spirits were lifted with the sight of that magical yet ordinary car. It stopped right in front of us, and we could finally see everyone inside, and it was everyone. Even Stan and Ford.

"You guys!" I jumped up and ran to the car to greet everyone as they started exiting the car.

"Sorry we were late, this old grump took too long getting ready." Ford said pointing to Stan.

"It wasn't just me. You had to go through all your research ten times before you let any of us leave." Stan grumbled. Thankfully they weren't at each other's throats like they had been before. Their bickering turned into good old sibling teasing.

"Grunkle Stan!" Mabel shouted and ran to hug our great uncle; who had been driving the car. Ford held out his hand and I happily shook it. This summer is already better than I could have hoped for.

"Yo, what's up?" I heard Wendy say. Out of all the people I expected to see it wasn't Wendy. She had been planning on leaving Gravity Falls as soon as she could.

"Hey, What are you doing here?" I asked. "Not that I'm upset to see you." I clarified.

"Well I get summer break too in college, so I heard you two were going to be here and I couldn't resist. I hope this summer will be as great as the last; except with less life threatening situations." I could tell she was talking about the Weirdmageddon, but with the 'Never Mind All That' law in place no one is supposed to say stuff about it in public in case it might bring back bad memories.