Chapter 5

On the way out of the office Jon stops in the parking lot to soak in the Austin sun and the mesmerizing wide open sky. Jon dumps his bag into the backseat of his car and pulls out his camera and starts taking pictures with his back turned towards the office.

"Pssst hey there."
Startled Jon turns around to the comforting smile of his new friend.

"What are you doing out here all by your self?" Almost taunting Jon, with a half smile and twinkling eyes.

"Well I thought I was going to be able to take a few shots of the sky without being attacked."

"Ha ha very funny." Savannah pauses to look up at the sky " It really is beautiful though"

"Kinda like someone I know"

From the door way Miles is now sunken in his posture watching Jon and Savannah giggle and look at each other they way he wishes someone would look at him. Contemplating how he's going to get to his car without drawing any attention to him self or if he's just going to stand at the door way watching any hope of taking Savannah out on a date go down the drain with the rest of his dignity.

"So you take pictures?"

"Yeah something like that" snapping a photo of Savannah quickly so she wouldn't have time to object

"Jon! Let me see that! You didn't even give me a warning!"

"Those are the best photos though, no posing, no overthinking, just real emotion."

Savannah lets out a smile and slowly closes her eyes to soak in everything Jon has just said. Because it's true we all put on a face and a smile that has so many thoughts behind it that we never say or convey. A flash snaps her out of thought.

"See stunning." Jon flips his camera around to show Savannah the picture he just snapped of her in deep thought.

"Thanks Jon. You're pretty great ya know."

"Only sometimes."

"Well I have to get home to my pup so I can let him out and get him ready for a run."

"Pup run! Yes!"

"Well then I've never seen someone get so excited about me taking my dog for a run."

"Haha no I mean yeah I am excited for that but I always bring my dog Bella with me when I run."

"Well then why don't you and Bella meet me and Eddy at Balcones in an hour."

"Sounds good to me see ya there."

"Make sure you bring that smile with you and I'll bring the jokes"