Chapter 1

"So, that Savannah girl has been coming up with some great ideas for RWBY. I'm glad Kerry gave her such a good reference." Miles ponders out loud as he fumbles with the coffee maker. "God damn it! This coffee maker sucks dicks! Do I really have to go straight to beer"

"Whoa there calm down killer." In a matter of seconds the fresh smell of dark roasted coffee fills the room after Jon tinkers with the coffee pot that looks like it has been around since the first office.

"Thanks." Slightly annoyed miles pours his coffee adds creamer and sweetener to his liking and tries to keep the conversation about Savannah going. "So, yeah, umm Savannah I'm umm." Miles clears his throat. "Really happy with her."

"That's great miles I'm glad. Now if only I could find someone worth my while. I've been though a handful of designers in the past 6 months. No one has the drive anymore or if they have the drive they just don't have the skill to back it up."

"Dude, that really blows I'm sorry. I hope you find someone that meets all your wants and needs." Miles puts a little sexual slur on the end of that sentence with a wink to finish it off.

"Very funny Miles."

Savannah strolls in unheard and starts pouring a cup of coffee without the boys even noticing her watching them for a few minutes as they gab about how their weeks went at home and in their offices.

"Hey boys, gabbing like a bunch of girls now are we?"

All of a sudden miles get all flustered and red "Oh, hey Savannah. How's it going. I don't think you have met Jon yet."

"Hi Jon I'm Savannah I'm the new RWBY writer. Well I help Miles and do odds and ends around the office."

"Well hello there. I do most of the merch design and I host my own show on the channel called On The Spot." The biggest grin stretched across Jon's face as he spoke with confidence.

"That's really cool. I like design a lot always have been interested. But Miles I have a few questions for you. Do you have a minute. It's kind of the whole reason I came in here."

While Miles and Savannah talk all Jon can think about is this petite, purple haired, tattooed, spunky, well dressed, giggly girl who might have just stole his heart with one sentence.

"Well Jon it was nice to meet you hopefully I will see you around!"

Snapping out of his daze "Yeah I will definitely see you around." His sentence trails off as she skips down the hallway

"Isn't she great?"

"Yeah, she's pretty great Miles."