Chapter Sixteen: An Offer, a Battle, and a Threat

I was awoken to the sensation of falling and then landing hard. There was a strong breeze that blew through the air and stopped almost right after I hit the ground. I let out a sound of surprise and opened my sleepy eyes to see what was happening. A-Un wouldn't just tip me off of them, would they? I thought as I rubbed my eyes.

"Yo," I heard a woman's voice say.

That voice...it sounds familiar, I thought to myself.

"Sesshomaru... Did you follow Naraku's scent as well?" the voice asked. I gasped--luckily quietly enough that the woman, who's voice I now recognized as Kagura's, didn't hear me.

Naraku's scent? Is he around here? Why did Lord Sesshomaru follow his scent if that's really what's going on? I could feel myself begin to panic and pulled my legs up to my chest. I don't want to see him. I don't want to see him. Not Naraku. Please don't make me see him. I wouldn't be able to stand it. I watched Master Jaken run up to Lord Sesshomaru.

"Sesshomaru-sama! This woman is the one that Naraku created from his body!" Master Jaken exclaimed.

"You are the Wind Sorceress Kagura, if I recall correctly?" Lord Sesshomaru asked.

"I'm glad that you remembered me." Kagura replied. As quietly as I could, I crawled towards A-Un's front to see what was going on. Kagura was not watching the spot where I hid, so I leaned outwards to watch the scene. Lord Sesshomaru was placing his hand on his battle sword--Is he going to fight Kagura? I wondered.

"Hang on! Take your hand off of your sword. I didn't come here to fight with you," Kagura said. "I want to make a deal with you, Sesshomaru."

"A deal, you say?"

Kagura held her hand out towards Lord Sesshomaru. "I will give you these Sacred Jewel shards if you do me a favor in return." She paused. "Kill Naraku. Free me from his grasp."

"What?!" Master Jaken exclaimed.

"What?!" I whispered. Kill Naraku? That's... Isn't that... Impossible? But maybe... Just maybe Lord Sesshomaru has the strength to do it. Maybe he does have the power to kill Naraku! I thought.

"You have the power to do it. And when you do kill him, all of his Sacred Jewel shards will be yours. So why don't we use these shards and have some fun with them?" She smirked.

"You intend to betray Naraku?" Lord Sesshomaru asked. Kagura scoffed.

"It's not like I ever wanted to be under his command. Well, how about it Sesshomaru? I don't think it would be a particularly bad idea to team up."

Lord Sesshomaru was silent for a moment. "I have no interest in the Sacred Jewel," he said. I sighed in relief. He wasn't going to team up with Kagura, even if she wanted to escape from Naraku. "If you want to be free, use those shards and destroy Naraku yourself."

Kagura was maddened by his statement. "What, are you afraid of Naraku?" she asked.

"I'm simply saying that I have no obligation to help you." Kagura scowled. "If you don't have the resolve to go at it yourself, don't even think about being free."

"You... You COWARD! And you still call yourself a MAN?!" Kagura shouted.

Master Jaken and I were both surprised that she would insult Lord Sesshomaru. "What?!" we exclaimed at the same time.

"I misjudged you," Kagura said before leaving by flying on a large feather she took out of her hair. (How did that work?) We watched her as she flew into the night sky.

"Why, that woman!" Master Jaken said. "She really intended to make you her protector? The nerve she had! A piece of Naraku is all she is!"

"Lord Sesshomaru is also very strong on his own," I said, standing up from my kneeling position. "Perhaps he doesn't need the jewel shards to make him stronger." I brushed grass off of my kimono. Lord Sesshomaru stayed quiet, probably thinking to himself.

Sesshomaru's POV

I wonder if she can use the Sacred Jewel to defeat Naraku by herself... I sighed. But however that turns out, it's doesn't matter to me. I turned to leave and began walking away.

Y/N's POV

"Sesshomaru-sama! Leaving already?" Master Jaken ran after the retreating form of my lord, and I followed.

"Wait, Master Jaken, you forgot A-Un!" I said.

"Ah, that's right!" He ran back. "Come, A-Un!" He took them by the reins and pulled them along. Once I saw that Master Jaken was alright, I caught up with Lord Seashomaru.

I thought about saying something, hopefully not annoying him. "Lord Sesshomaru?" I paused. He didn't react. "I... I'm not lonely anymore, because of what you've done for me. But I was wondering... Do you think that she feels lonely at all? Perhaps because she's always alone?" I half expected a response from him, but none came, as usual.

"Oh, Sesshomaru-sama!" Master Jaken asked. "What will we do about supper?"

Naraku's POV

I watched Kanna as she held up her mirror for me to see. Inside it showed an image of Kagura flying away from my castle.

"Kagura... It is useless to run from me."

I still need her in order to capture [Y/N] and bring her here. She will not escape, anyway. Only for tonight I am this weak. By morning I shall be back to normal and Kagura will be back in my grasp and I will punish her for what she has done. She has absolutely no idea that I know about her actions.

-----I ONCE AGAIN DEDICATE THIS TIMESKIP TO MY BEAUTIFUL AND PATIENT READERS-----

Still Naraku's POV

Kagura was in the middle of a fight with InuYasha after having nearly finished off Koga, the wolf demon. Inuyasha had drawn the Tetsusaiga and cut through Kagura's cyclones in order to kill her.

I need Kagura in order to capture [Y/N], I thought. Demons, protect Kagura! I mentally commanded my minions. As Inuyasha's Wind Scar came upon Kagura, my demons flew in her way and acted as shields as the power of Inuyasha's sword enveloped and killed them. Kagura escaped before anything else could happen and returned to my castle before long.

So you have arrived home at last, Kagura. I waited for Kanna to bring her to my cellar. When she finally did and Kagura opened my cellar doors, I was able to pull her down with one of the demon bodies I was regaining energy from.

"Kagura... was it fun outside?" The woman looked over at me. "While I slept, you left the castle, didn't you?" She was frightened. I grabbed her body with parts of demon arms and pulled her over to the spot where I was resting. Kagura looked up at me with horrified, fearful eyes.

"Kagura... You are a part of me. How would you like to return to my flesh once again?"

"W-wait... Please! I promise... I promise that I won't do it again!" Kagura exclaimed.

"There will be no second time. I still need you in order to take [Y/N], you remember."

"Y-yes... I remember... Just please let go of me!" I let Kagura go and she scrambled out of the cellar.

Just a bit more time until you get to pick [Y/N] up for me... until then, Kagura, you shall not leave my sight.