Karen started a pot of water and preheated the oven. When the water started boiling she added the noodles. Elijah finished with the garlic bread. "What can I do now, Mama" He asked her. "Do you want to help me stir the noodles?" she asked. "Yes!" He said and grabbed his stool and brought it over to Karen. "You have to be careful, it's hot" Karen said and handed him the spoon and helped him stir. The oven was preheated and Karen went to put the garlic bread in the oven. "Mama, can I do it?" Elijah asked. "Not this time, baby. The oven is too hot for your little hands" Karen said. "Aww, ok" Elijah said and continued stirring the noodles.

........................................................................................................................................................................................

Meanwhile, Jimi and Emma were in the car. Emma successfully backed out of the garage and pulled out onto the street. She started driving down the road and Jimi was giving her directions on where to go. "When was the last time you drove on the freeway?" Jimi asked her. Emma shrugged her shoulders "I don't know, a few months ago with Mom I think." Jimi nodded his head. "Turn left up here then" "Ok" Emma replied. Emma turned left and headed onto the on ramp. She was a little nervous and was gripping the steering wheel really tight. "You could probably speed up a little" Jimi said. "Ok" Emma said quietly and stepped on the accelerator slightly. The car started gaining speed and Emma getting even more nervous.

Jimi noticed Emma's facial expression and how she was gripping the steering wheel. "You're doing fine princess" Jimi said trying to reassure her. Emma smiled slightly and didn't take her eyes off the road. "Last time I drove the freeway, mom and I got into an argument and didn't talk the entire ride home" Emma said. "Yeah I know, I heard all about it from your mother" Jimi said with a chuckle. Emma laughed as well.

Emma drove a couple of miles then exited off. "See, you did great" Jimi said. "Thanks Daddy" Emma replied. They took the back roads all the way home. They arrived back at home and Emma pulled the car into the garage. "Great driving today kiddo" Jimi said and gave her a high five.

They walked inside and Karen and Elijah were setting the table. "Dinner is almost ready" Karen said. "It smells awesome Mama" Emma said walking into the kitchen. "I helped!" Elijah said. "You did an awesome job too" Karen said. "Good job bud" Emma said. "How did driving go?" Karen asked. "She did great. We went on the freeway and took the backroads home" Jimi said. "No fights?" Karen asked looking at Emma with her eyebrows raised. "Not this time around. Everything was civil" Jimi said. "That's good to hear" Karen said. Karen brought over the last of the food and they sat down and ate dinner together.

........................................................................................................................................................................................

They finished up dinner and cleaned up the table. "Can we play dinosaurs now?" Elijah asked Emma. Emma looked at her parents. "Go play, we can take care of the rest ourselves" Karen said. "Yes, we can play dinosaurs now" Emma said. "YAY!" Elijah shouted and ran upstairs to get his toys. He came back down with his container of dinosaurs and dumped them out on the living room floor. They set up the toys and started playing.

Jimi and Karen were still in the kitchen. Karen would look over at the living room every once in a while. "I love the relationship they have" Karen said quietly with a smile. "Me too. We couldn't have gotten any luckier with those two" Jimi said and kissed her cheek.

They finished up in the kitchen and went over to the living room. They sat down on the couch next to each other. Jimi put his arm around Karen and they watched their kids play together. Emma and Elijah played dinosaurs for a little while longer, then decided to clean up. Then Jimi suggested they play a game of Candyland before they go to bed.