Elijah's First Birthday

Start from the beginning

Karen pulled up to the theater. "Call or text me as soon as the movie is over" Karen said before Emma got out of the car. "I will" Emma said. "Have fun. I love you" Karen said. "I love you too" Emma said and Karen gave her a kiss on her cheek.

Emma walked into the theater and greeted Jake with a hug. They paid for their tickets and got a few snacks. They got to their theater and it was empty. They found their usual seats in the back of the theater. They watched the previews and talked before the movie started. Surprisingly no one came in so they had the theater to themselves. Jake put his arm around her when the movie started. His hand started out on her shoulder and slowly made its way down her arm as the movie went on.

Then Jake scooted closer to Emma. He turned her face slowly with his hand and kissed her. Emma was slightly surprised by that. Jake moved his lips from her mouth to her neck. Emma was not at all comfortable with that. She pulled away from him. "What's wrong?" Jake asked. "You're moving a little too fast don't you think?" Emma replied. "Come on Em, we have the entire theater to ourselves and we have been together for a while now" Jake said trying to convince her. "I don't want to move that fast" Emma said. "Don't you love me?" he asked her. "Not if you're going to pressure me into doing something I don't want to do" Emma said raising her voice a bit. "Well if you're not ready to go all the way, then I don't want to be with you" Jake said. "Well fine then" Emma said. She grabbed her things and stood up. She walked down the stairs and out by the table. She had tears forming in her eyes. She pulled out her phone and called her mom.

........................................................................................................................................................................................

Emma got out of the car and Karen drove home. She walked in the door and sat down next to Jimi on the couch. Her mom was on the floor with Elijah. "Hey sweetie" Her mom said. "I was just telling Jimi how fast he is growing. He's gotten so big since last time we saw him" she added. "I know, it's hard to keep up with him" Karen said. "It's hard to believe that he is going to be a year old already. Where has the time gone?" Karen added. "It's crazy how fast it goes" Her dad said. "Elijah is going to be one and Emma is going to be fourteen next month" Jimi said. "That little girl is going to have the boys surrounding her" Karen's mom said. "If that happens, I just won't let her leave the house" Jimi said and everyone laughed. "If I could have done that with Karen and Kelly I would have" Karen's dad said. "You would have too" Her mom said. "I know, but you wouldn't let me" her dad said, followed by laughs from everyone.

About an hour later Karen's phone went off. It was next to Jimi on the end table. Jimi picked it up and looked at it. "It's Emma" Jimi said. "I wonder why she's calling. Her movie just started" Karen said. "Hello" she answered. "Mama, can you come and get me?" Emma answered in a tearful voice. "Of course sweetie. I'll be right there" Karen said in a sympathetic tone and hung up the phone. "What's going on?" Jimi asked worriedly. "I'm not sure, but she was crying" Karen said. Jimi's expression changed from worried to anger. "Before you freak out about anything, let's figure out what actually happened" Karen said as she grabbed her keys. She walked out the door and got in the car.

She arrived at the theater and Emma got in the car as soon as she pulled up. Emma's face was covered in tears. "What happened sweetie?" Karen said, reaching over to wipe the tears off her face. "Jake and I broke up" Emma said with a tearful voice. Karen pulled her in for a hug. "What happened?" Karen asked. "We were the only ones in the theater and he started kissing my neck and I told him I didn't want to go that far and he got mad and we broke up" Emma said inhaling shaky breaths. "Oh sweetie" Karen said and hugged her again. "I'm proud of you for standing your ground and not giving in" Karen said and wiped the fresh tears away. "Can we go home now?" Emma said quietly. Karen nodded and put the car in drive.