Chapter 3: The Most Reasonable Option

I wrote this chapter awhile back so the information is a little old

ENJOY!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So the old man caught me. In my defence, though, he was chasing me in his car. I also had no idea where the hell the airport was. I guess that being the star of the track team back home didn’t mean anything nowadays.

I got out of his car once I was dragged back to the house, slammed the door and ran inside. Ignoring the rest of the family, I went straight upstairs to my room and slammed that door as well, just for good measure.

“Stop slamming doors!” I heard Freddie yell after me. I chuckled, my mood temporarily lightened knowing that I’d managed to get on his nerves. Then I screamed into my pillow as the anger returned.

I needed to do something; I needed to get my mind off being stuck in this place. I rolled over, snatching up a magazine from the floor. I flicked through the pages and tried to find something that was actually interesting to read.

Kim Kardashian was getting a divorce? Did I give a shit? No.

Jessica Simpson was getting married! She had better luck than poor Kim, but I still didn’t give a shit.

Ooh, here was an interesting one: Justin Bieber, potential father. Ha! Looked like Justin was finally getting what he deserved. And wasn’t he too young to be a father? He’s like twelve, for god’s sake!

But before I could even get to read the article, a soft knock came from my bedroom door. I cringed and regretfully said, “Come in.”

It sure as hell better not be Uncle Fred.

A second later, though, Julie came into my room. I sighed in frustration. She wasn’t as bad as Freddie, but seriously. What the fuck could she even want?

“What is it?” I asked, trying not to sound rude and failing miserably at it.

“Your Uncle Fred wants me to help you pick out an outfit for your first day of work.”

Please tell me she was kidding? “Fuck off,” I said simply. I went back to flipping through the magazine, not really looking at the pages. The Justin Bieber article just didn’t seem as interesting anymore…

Okay, maybe I was being a little harsh to Julie; it wasn’t her fault I was stuck here. I didn’t want to be rude, but didn’t she notice how miserable my life was?

“Audrina, sweetheart,” Julie said gently, putting her hand on my arm. “Your uncle means well, you should know that.

Okay, maybe I wasn’t being harsh enough. I ignored her words of wisdom and shook my head. “I said fuck off, okay?” I said each word slowly so that it would have a better chance of sinking in.

I heard her sigh. A second later, I also heard my bedroom door open and close. And she was gone, just like that. It was even easier that I thought it would be.

I got out my phone, discarding the magazine and began to check my Facebook. It looked like Claire was having a party. She was a good friend of mine, but her parties had a tendency to get way out of control sometimes… Maybe it was a good thing I was missing that one.

I had a few new messages and friend requests, so I preoccupied the next thirty minutes of my time replying and responding.

Then another knock came from my door, but it was harsh and quick rather than a soft knock like the one before. I knew it was Uncle Fred, and I really, really didn’t want to let him in.

I decided I’d leave it and keep the bastard waiting outside. It seemed like he had other plans, though.

Uncle Fred swung the door open, revealing his red face and annoyed expression. Great.

“Can I help you?” I asked him.

“How come you didn’t answer?” he barked.

“I—“

He cut me off. “It doesn’t matter. Why aren’t you dressed yet?”

I looked down at the sweats that I was wearing and then back up to meet his eyes. “For what Fredienstein?”

Uncle Fred gave me a glare worthy of one of my own, and I couldn’t remember whether he had any other expressions apart from that one. “Get dressed for work,” he ordered. “And make sure that you’re downstairs in twenty minutes.”

I didn’t have time to speak before he turned on his heel and walked back out of my room, slamming the door behind him.

Hypocrite, I thought. So I couldn’t slam doors but he could? Yeah, because that seemed completely fair…

Man, I strongly disliked that guy.

I rooted through my still full suitcase- I guess some part of me still had a shred of faith that I’d be going home soon- and tried to find something to wear. I wanted to look classy but my usual hot self at the same time… a difficult combination.

And then I found it- my saving grace.

There it was, lying in the bottom of my suitcase. Miraculously unwrinkled, my pink suit was just what I needed. Not only did it look good, but it was also made of cotton so it was really soft. I guess I didn’t remember packing it due to the mad rush before I left home…

But it was the only suit- only professional thing- that I owned. I would have to change that, especially if I was going to be working in an actual professional job now. I had to go shopping- and soon.

It was a good job I swiped one of my credit cards before I left. Mom and Dad really didn’t have a clue.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OKAYY sooo pleaseee

VOTEE

COMMENTT

FANN :)

thnx :)

20 vote till next chappie BUT keep VOTING when i reach 20 plss