Chapter 8

Ch. 8

The next day, Chaos had all of the head councilors of the cabins come to the big house for a meeting. I stood by Chaos's side on the far end of the room. Artemis sat to my right with Thalia next to her. Soon enough, the head campers started drifting in. Percy and Annabeth were the first to show up and they say next to each other. Nico, son of Hades, was the next. One by one they filed into the room until all the chairs were filled. Dionysus and Chiron, in his human form, sat across the room from us.

My father cleared his throat and the room fell silent. "As you all know, lately the camp has been repeatedly attacked. This wouldn't be unusual if it wasn't for how frequent and destructive they are. Not to mention, how powerful the monsters are." He paused to look around the room. "It's not a coincidence that it's happening. Those monsters are being sent to attack the camp. Before now you didn't know it, but there is another war for you to fight. One far worse than the war with the Titans." There were gasps all around and I glanced at my sister, Skylar, who had a worried expression. Chaos was about to start when someone raised their hand.

It was Clarrise, head of the Ares cabin. "My lord." she said as she dropped her hand. "Who or what is sending these monsters to attack us?" Chaos looked at her sadly before he spoke. "They are beings who's power rivals mine. They are called the Si'thari. They are primal gods that ruled before human time started, before I was born." I looked at my father confused. I had thought he was created out of the chaos of the untamed universe. "Born, father?" I asked before I could stop myself. "Yes. The Si'thari are my siblings. Our father is a being described only as apocalypse. He is Apocalypse. He bred with certain spirits of the universe and thus the Si'thari were born. At first, we all lived in harmony with each other. We created humans and ruled over them. Eventually, my brothers became consumed with greed and jealousy that I was our fathers favorite. They combined their power to send our father into a stasis. Unsure if he'll ever wake but when I found out I was able to lock them in a prison and send them to another dimension. It seems they escaped."

Clarisse spoke up again. "What exactly are they the gods of?" I gave a grim smile in anticipation of her reaction and I spoke for Chaos. "They are the gods of Death and Destruction. They are known to us as the Twins of Oblivion." Clarisse turned her attention back to Chaos after showing her terrified reaction. "My lord, forgive me for asking but did you have other siblings that could help us?" A deep wave of sadness fell upon Chaos.

"At one time, yes I did. then my brothers killed them and took their power to try and destroy me." I looked at my father sadly. "Then how do we beat them?" Percy said, surprising us. "Yes I've been wondering that too." Annabeth said. A small glint of pride came into Chaos's eyes. "My son here is Death. The prince and heir of the Void. God of Death, Oblivion, and Darkness. He is destined to destroy the ancient Death and take his place to keep balance." I nodded in confirmation as some of the campers glanced at me. "Well what about the other one, Destruction?" Annabeth said. Chaos smiled. "I already have his replacement, if she accepts."

His gaze turned to Skylar and I understood. It made sense since she was my sister. She glanced at me and I smiled while nodding. She smiled quickly and looked back to Chaos. "I accept father," she said. He smiled and walked to her. He placed his hand on her forehead, much like he had done with me, and a blinding white light filled the room. When the light died I looked at Skylar in disbelief. She had swirling silver eyes and a glowing white aura. I noticed one of the male campers staring at her. I sent a Pepsi filled plastic cup at his head and dowsed him with the Pepsi.

Most heads turned towards me as I tried to look as innocent as possible. I glanced at Artemis to see she was smiling. I smiled slightly. Before turning my attention back to Skylar. "All hail Skylar Chaosdaughter, goddess of destruction," Chaos said. The campers got to they're knees when he said it. As they got back to their feet, thunder boomed outside. Then there was a knock at the door. I walked over to open it and find a man in a pinstripe suit with a black beard and hair. His eyes were sky blue with storm clouds in them. "Lord Zeus. This is a surprise."

I let him in and he looked at Chaos. "Grandfather, how nice to see you." Zeus turned to me before Chaos could say anything. "Now, I believe it's time to plan your wedding." He smiled like he had just given me the best news ever.

This was going to be an.... interesting conversation.