Chapter 5

Ch. 5

I took my time in getting to the beach though I knew it probably wasn't good to keep Chaos waiting. I wonder what he needed to show me. A new sword? No, it couldn't be, mine was perfect. So I don't need a new one.

I was so distracted that I didn't notice the hunters till I walked straight into one. "Watch where you're going." I growled at her. The rest of the hunters gasped. I looked at them confused and one angrily aimed an arrow at me. "How dare you speak to my mistress that way, boy." I looked at her confused. The girl I walked into waved a hand. "It's fine, Carly. Put your bow away." The girl, Carly, put it away reluctantly.

I stared at the girl I walked into curiously. She looked around my age, had dark auburn hair. I was close enough that I could smell her scent, pine trees and, well, wilderness. I looked at her eyes and was surprised to find they were silver. It was then that I realized she was Artemis, goddess of the hunt. I backed up a step and bowed to her. "I am truly sorry, my lady. I didn't realize it was you and I was distracted." She smiled slightly. "It is fine. You are on your way to see your father?" She asked. I nodded yes. "Then I will accompany you. Hunters, do as you wish but stay out of trouble."

The hunters bowed and slowly walked away, eyeing me cautiously. I began walking again and Artemis stayed at my side. I tried to go back to the thoughts I had before but with Artemis so close, it was impossible to. I kept walking quickly and soon the beach came into view. Soon enough after that, I could see my father and someone else sitting on the beach next to him. With a quick glance at Artemis, I started running to Chaos. I knew Artemis was still right next to me.

As I got closed to them, both Chaos and the girl turned towards me. I slowed down when I was a few feet away, not paying much attention to the girl, and bowed. "You called for me father?"

"There's no need for you to bow to me. That goes for you as well Artemis." I stood and looked at Chaos. Out of the corner if my eyes I could see the girl give Chaos a confused look. "There are many things we must discuss. The first being your sister."

"What?" The girl that was sitting stood up. She has her head bowed and stood awkwardly. "Jett meet Your adopted sister Skylar." Skylar slowly looked up to meet my eyes. She had black wavy hair, dark green eyes, and she looked around 12. I smiled at her. "Welcome to the family and to camp." She looked at me surprised. "Artemis, could you take my daughter to the Chaos cabin."

Artemis nodded and started leading Skylar to camp. "Chaos cabin?" I curiously asked. "Yes. you won't be in Thanatos's cabin anymore, which brings us to our next topic. It's time to reveal who you are. Who you are is not Jett the soon-to--be god and son of Chaos. But before I can tell you who you really are, I must unlock all of your powers." I looked at him shocked. "You mean, make me a god?" He chuckled at my reaction. "Yes. How else are you going to protect your sister?" He placed his hand on my forehead and a wave of pain rolled through me. It was too much so I got to my knees to steady myself better. My father removed his hand. "Rise Death, son of Chaos, heir and price of the void, primal god of oblivion, destruction, and darkness." I looked at him puzzled. "My real name is Death? But I thought that was Thanatos and the ancient Si'thari."

"Yes, yes and yes. That is your name because it's your destiny to stop the Si'thari. So that means that you'll be his replacement, more or less." I nodded, even though I didn't completely understand, and stood up. Chaos placed a hand on my shoulder and we started walking back to camp.