Chapter One

Enjoy!

The moonlight shone upon the gathering present at the pack house. Every one of them had come to witness the historic event. For the first time in the history of werewolves, the Royal throne was to be taken over single handedly by a female werewolf. The throne had no male heir as he died at birth. Instead Athena, the daughter of Davis and Melinda Williams was going to take over.

The whole of the Imperial Shadow pack had come. The ceremony was a special one. Because, the moon goddess herself had appeared to the old Alpha King when Athena was a baby and told him what was to happen. The female was going to be the one in charge even after finding her mate. Although, the future King would have the same powers as the future Queen, the female would be the one to take the main decisions with the male by her side.

Many opposed the rule of a mere girl at first. But one mention of the moon goddess was enough to shut them up. The goddess had described in detail, how the ceremony was supposed to be held. The pack house was lit up with lanterns and lights. It was supposed to be a huge celebratory occasion. Large round tables surrounded the Inferno. The inferno was the main fire set in the middle of the place, to glorify the Royal ceremony.

Soon the wait was over as the beta of the pack Tyler Adams came announcing in advance, the arrival of the retiring Royal couple.

"I announce, King Davis and Queen Melinda Williams. You shall stand up in respect to them," he roared. The couple came out of the house looking bashful as ever. They surveyed the whole pack and waved to their subjects in approval. Everyone looked at them waiting for them to speak.

"As we know, the moon goddess has decided the fate of our species differently this time. We also know that, a male heir had been born to this pack. But he died at birth. Even though, we are grieving the fact the we had lost our future King, I am extremely glad to announce this time's crowning ceremony. As per the instructions by our moon goddess, and the prophecies, a female will take over this pack. And I'm honoured to know that, the Queen-to-be is my beloved daughter Athena. I know, many of you are not very happy. But it is the order of the goddess, and the goddess never tell us to do wrong. If she thinks, Athena is a one, we have to accept it. I have only a few minutes left as the King of this pack, so I assure you, that nothing bad will ever happen to the subjects of this species. I'm confident that my daughter is perfectly capable to handle the duties of being a leader."

Saying this, the King stepped aside with the Queen. Tyler stepped forward again to announce.

"I announce, Princess, Queen-to-be, Luna Athena Rozanne Williams."

All eyes turned to the door as the beautiful young woman stepped out in a splendid gown, walking to them elegantly, yet as if in some authority. She came and calmly stood in front of her parents. Her face glowed brightly, making one find it hard to erase it from memory. Her hair were done wonderfully. She wore long earrings in her ears and a beautiful bracelet in her left hand. Her feet were adorned with golden angel heels. Her head was bare, waiting to be decorated with the tiara.

She greeted everyone a good evening before smiling at her parents. They returned the gesture as such. The air turned serious again as the King spoke.

"Today, you are here to witness a wonderful historic event in the history of our species. This beautiful young lady is going to step up on the royal throne in my place. I thereby proclaim Princess Athena Rozanne Williams as the leader of werewolves all over the world. And crown her as the Queen Luna!," he announced in a loud voice. The princess bowed as her father, the King of werewolves placed the tiara on her head. She then stood straight and all heads bowed down in respect of their new ruler. She put her right hand up, and they all stood straight again.