Bastards, They're Everywhere Chapter 5

"So I heard that there will be some kind of formal dinner party next week, so why don't we show off our "relationship" to everyone attending?" Lucifer suggested while we outside walking the stupid german shephard.

"I think that's a good plan. Your ex will probably be attending right?" I asked and he nods.

We were outside walking the dog, it seems like the brat had already found it, and it needed to do its business.

"Perfect, we can show off there and see her reactions." I smirked.

"Thanks, I really do owe you one," he said slightly blushing.

"You do and to make us even you have to make me forget my recent boyfriend," I slighty choked up at the word 'boyfriend'.

"Hey you want to tell me anything about your former boyfriend?" He looks at me seriously with a concerned look adorning his handsome face.

"Actually I got separated from him, and I don't think I have a chance at seeing him anymore..." I explain my eyes starting to water.

"Why did you give up?" He looks at me with his intense eyes.

"I just feel so insecure... And he's really popular, so he probably has given up on me." I plaster on a fake smile.

"He must mean alot to you."

"He does..." I say looking out at the sky remembering all our shared memories.

"Then don't give up, if you guys are meant to be then you'll meet again."

I thought over what he said, he was right if we were meant to be then we would see each other again, we would be bound together by the red ribbon of fate.

"M-maybe we could still be together." I thought over carefully.

"That's right, don't give up, if you do then I guess he didn't mean much to you."

"Thanks, but where did you learn this?" I asked him.

"From my first love, she meant alot to me but I knew I had to let her go to let her have her happiness." he said with a sad smile.

"Is it okay if I ask you what happened to her?" I ask timidly.

"Ah, she left me and went after her dream, I guess I wasn't as important," he said and a teardrop escaped and ran down his handsome face. I move over and wipe it away, our eyes meet and stay connected. The distance between us soon close, our lips connect, but only for a second. I rip away, suddenly realizing what I had done, I cover my lips and look away.

"I'm sorry," I apologize and run off.

How could I have done that? I thought I was going to stay devoted to Daniel so why? I felt horrible, was my love for Daniel wavering? What I felt for Daniel before, was it love or was I just attracted to him because we were in the same situation? My heart was confused, did I really love Daniel, or was I using him to subdue my lonliness? And to get a taste of what may be love?

All I knew was that I couldn't get the answers now, but I'll soon figure out myself.