Bastards, They're Everywhere Chapter 3

I woke up, to the sound of an extremely obnoxious alarm and shut it off. I get up and go to the sink to the bathroom to shower, brush my teeth and etc. I slip into a modest maid uniform and follow everything on the list that was beside the maid uniform. I was extremely happy that it didn't show off too much skin and was appropriate. 

I go up to the kitchen and have breakfast with Angela and other people working along wither and I had obtained some new friends. 

"Kristi! You're here! I thought I would have to drag you out of your room." Angela joked smiling and gestured for me to sit at a seat beside her.  On the table was a fresh stack of pancakes doused with syrup, multiple bacon strips, toast, omelettes, muffins and many different breakfast delicacies, plus 3 pitchers of juice. My mouth watered as I reached out to scoop all kinds of the things onto my plate. Afterwards I was full and completely satisfied.

"Wow... You eat alot for a girl," a guy said eyes wide. 

"Thanks," I said smiling. 

He chuckled, "I'm Nicholas but you can call me Nick," he winked. 

He had luscious strawberry blonde curls framing his porcelain like face, grey eyes with just one look you would be swooning, you could see the muscles bulging from his white shirt. In other words he was handsome, but he couldn't compare to Daniel. 

Gosh I sound like a love sick girl.

"I'm Kristi," I introduced. 

"I know," Nick said. 

"So what are you doing first today?" Nick asked. 

"I'm supposed to be in the back garden," I said looking at my list. 

"Great, I work there too, actually the whole entire day." he said and led me off to the back garden. 

"It's so hot!" I panted wiping away a bead of sweat.

"How can you endure this?" I ask him, watching him pull out some weeds.

"I've been working here ever since I was 13, my family was in need of money so I went out to work here. So I'm used to the heat." he explained.

"How did you get here?" Nick asked looking at me. 

"I was sold here," I felt my eyes sting with traitorous tears. 

"Oh, I'm sorry."

"It's not your fault," I say wiping away hot tears.

"If you want, I'll lend you my shoulder." he said walking towards me with open arms, which I gladly ran into.

I let the tears run. It feels like it's been years since I've felt this, warmth, but it has only been about a week or so.

"I miss him," I bawled as Nick stroked my hair in a comforting gesture, one that Daniel would do... 

After a while I felt all my tears dry up and disappear. I left Nick's warmth and wiped my face. I hated being so weak and fragile, I wish I could just throw away all these useless troublesome feelings. 

"You feel better now?" Nick asked. 

"Yeah thanks, I needed that." 

"Why don't you go in now, I'll handle the rest of the weeding." he offered. 

"Thanks, and sorry," I apologized.

"It's okay," he said giving me a small smile.

"I'll make it up to you somehow." I said before dashing to the backdoor. 

I've decided to make an important decision, I'm going discard all my feelings for Daniel and move on. I can't let my feelings bring me down anymore, I'm going to erase his existence from my past.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vote, comment, and fan if you like, greatly appreciated if you did. Thank you for reading! :)