Chapter 10

Crystalheart walked into the camp with the rest of the patrol.

sighing and hearing Spiritstar's calls, she walked over to the netting area. "Today, three kits will become apprentices, Coalkit, please step forward." The small black tom stepped up as Spiritstar looked down on him and mewed "You have reached the age of six moons and are ready to become an apprentice, I have chosen Crystalheart to be your mentor." Coalpaw's eyes lit up as he smiled happily before Spiritstar looked to Crystalheart and mewed "Crystalheart, you have gone through a lot in your life and have shown to be Kind and Loyal. I trust you will pass these traits down to Coalpaw." Crystalheart nodded before touching noses with the tom who's eyes gleamed with happiness.

Sparkpaw and Lightpaw got good mentors as well, Sparkpaw was being trained by Furyswipe and Lightpaw was being trained by Owlwing.

Coalpaw glanced at Crystalheart and tilted his head asking "What are we doing first?" Crystalheart looked down at him and answered "You'll be getting use to everything in camp." She explained. Coalpaw complained "But I know everything here!" Crystalheart stopped "You don't know the Warriors den, or the apprentice's den, or the medicine cat den." She stated firmly, Coalpaw groaned but nodded before walking away.

Crystalheart walked over to Owlwing and Furyswipe and asked "What did you assign?" Furyswipe and Owlwing answered at the same time mewing "We told them to check camp out." Crystalheart began to laugh but then said "I did the same." The three smiled at each other before Owlwing asked "Hey... I was going out to hunt, you guys wanna come?" Crystalheart and Furyswipe nodded as the three left.

Owlwing left to go West while Crystalheart and Furyswipe went together, Crystalheart sighed and asked "Okay. Where do you want to go first?" Furyswipe pushed her against a tree and said "I want you." Crystalheart ducked under his paws and growled "Sorry but... I don't love you. And if I did, I think that action would change it." Before stalking away tail lashing a bit.

Owlwing caught up with Crystalheart and asked "What happened?" Before Crystalheart answered "Furyswipe tried to hit on me." She growled angrily "Oh wow. I knew he was like that about you but not LIKE that!" Owlwing exclaimed surprised. Crystalheart nodded in agreement and growled "Why the heck would be even think that when I haven't shown a sign?!" Owlwing shrugged.