Chapter 3

Apparently since it's already been a week. We get a free day to do whatever. So I decide on getting my new group of friends. ( Kaity, Nathan, Dolans, Shayna, and Brandon.)

We all decided on eating then going on a tiny little adventure in the woods. We just want to explore and absorb nature. Or so Brandon says.

"Well maybe I should come along?" Max asks or more like suggests. We all shake our heads and he looks at the ground.

"Well, I guess but be back before sun down or I won't be able to help you out of punishment." He says scolding us. We all nod and pull our backpacks on. I notice Nathan and Kaity now holding hands and I eye them suspiciously.

"So they're a thing?" Brandon asks making me jump. I hit his arm and give him a playful glare only for him to throw his hands up.

"Why did you hit? I didn't do anything but ask a question." He says crossing his arms and fake pouting.

"Oh suck it up! You shouldn't of scared me." I point out and walk a little faster to catch up with everyone.

As I'm minding my own business and walking down the trail. I feel something poke me. I ignore it knowing exactly who it is and continue to walk and think. Maybe it'd be better if we had music. You know? We could dance and walk.

Poke.

Just ignore it Madison. He'll stop. Poke. Damn kid. Poke.

I hear chuckling as I clench my fist. Why does he always have to bother me? Annoying little dip. Poke.

"Can you freaking stop poking me!" I yell turning to face a frightened Brandon. I hear laughter and glare at no one.

"I'm sorry, it's just you ignore me." He says throwing down the stick and walking to my side. I groan. Why did we bring him again?

"Can you guys stop flirting and walk with us." Ethan says and I roll my eyes.

"Ha ha." I sarcastically laugh and flip him off.

"Nah save it for later." He winks and I see Brandon clench his jaw from beside. Why? I don't know. Ask him.

"So when did you two become a thing?" Grayson asks Kaity and Nathan.

"Well, while everyone was asleep, we snuck out to the campfire and talked! Since we had a thing for each other since last camp, Nathan asked me out." Kaity smiles. I wanna say awe but I keep it in and push them to walk. The faster this is done. The faster I get away from the annoying bug. A.k.a Brandon.

I mean he's cool but annoying at times and I kinda wanna punch him but I don't. He's to precious to punch. Holy? Did I just say Brandon was precious. What's wrong with me.

"Hey, where did Nathan and Kaity go?" Ethan asks pulling me out of my thoughts. I look around and notice that they are no longer with us.

"I don't know But we are definitely not getting in trouble because of them!" I say coming to stop and looking around. How come they just ditched me? I don't deserve this. I spent all week with Brandon. I don't want more time with him.  I need some away from him. As I begin walking, I hear another pair of feet run off. I don't mind much cause there probably walking with us.

"Grayson and Shayna get back here!" Ethan yells after they are far gone.

I turn around to face Ethan. Great. Now it's only Ethan, Brandon, and me. How fun right? No.

Suddenly we hear something in the bushes and it catches our full attention. Maybe it's a rabbit?

"Oh shoot what is that?" Ethan asks holding onto my arm. I just shrug him off and I wait for something to pop out. Just hoping it's nothing dangerous.