hello | 01

The sound of my alarm fills my room, I groan and turn off the sound leaving it as quiet as I like. I got out of bed slowly and rubbed my eyes, I walked over to the bathroom where I was going to get ready for the day.

I brushed my teeth and stared into the mirror at my reflection, I looked very tired. I washed my face to help, I didn't want these people to know what's going on with me.

I walk out the bathroom with a smile on my face and change into proper everyday clothes, I let out a deep sigh and head downstairs where breakfast was being held.

I walk into the dining room with two soft looking pancakes with one strip of bacon on my plate. I smile awkwardly and sit down
"Good morning honey, how'd you sleep" my mother asked me as I grabbed the syrup across the table.

"I slept great mom" I say taking a bite out of the pancake
"Don't forget you have the support group today" she added. I put down my utensils and groan loudly
"I forgot about that, do I have to go?" I whined.

She nodded her head
"Of course you do, it's your chance to make new friends and explore a world beyond that room of yours". I looked at her with wide eyes
"I actually have to do this" I said to myself quietly.

"We leave at 12" She said walking out with her half eaten pancake. I let out a small sigh and look around the table
"How bad can this be?" I ask.

•••

We hop on into our car without saying a word to another. My mother keeps her eyes locked on the road not paying attention to anything happening around her, the drive wasn't long cause it was held at my school.

We were off for summer break so they had their support groups every week. My thoughts were on what I was gonna say when they asked me questions. I'm not a social person, I get anxious when I have to speak in front of many people.

My mother parked right in front of the entrance
"Here you go" she said softly. I give her a look of confusion
"You'll be fine honey, it's only an hour. It's for your benefit not mine".

I pursed my lips before getting out the car and slamming the door loudly, luckily I wasn't late. I saw a bunch of kids I didn't notice before. I followed them into the room 240 where the group was being held.

We all sit in a circle with an empty chair in the front, all of us give each other a glare. I noticed one girl very pretty, she had black hair being held in an afro. Very structured face high cheek bones and strong jawline. She was perfect.

A tall man walks through the door with a huge smile planted on his face
"Good morning guys!" He said taking a seat on the empty chair.

We all stayed quiet staring at him
"So, first I would like to welcome you guys back to the yearly support group" he said clapping lightly while the rest stayed quiet.

"For the ones who don't know me my name is Jason. You may call me Mr.Scott."

He looked around at all of us with a small smirk forming on his face. I didn't want to get picked on for the world, I believe that I am fine nothing is going to change that.

"You" he said pointing at the girl with the hair as her eyes opened wide, she sat up high in her chair
"What's your name?" Mr.Scott asked.

"Um, My name is Naomi. James." She said looking around with a unsure look
"Great, what's your story?" He asked again.

"Story?"

"Yes, we all have a story. We have a background and it has effected us that's why we are here" Mr.Scott explained talking to the whole group again.

"Well um, my grandfather has terminal cancer and he is very close to... leaving us" she stopped as her eyes got filled with tears.
"My mom left me when I was 4 years old and my father isn't a part of my life" she explained spilling her heart out and a tear falling on her lap.

"Great, explaining. How do you feel about this situation?" Mr.Scott asked her, Naomi sighed
"My grandfather is all I have and I can't imagine him leaving me" she finished.

Mr.Scott wrote everything he heard in a large black notebook. He had a very interesting way too make his kids feel better or be better.

"Isaiah" I hear and my world stopped. I hate being the center of attention and all those eyes staring at me, nope. I raise my hand so he knows who I am.
"Yes, why'd you come here today?" he asked. I opened my mouth to say something but I just couldn't. It's like I was paralyzed from talking. I started trembling. My anxiety was building up inside of me.

"U-Um I'm sorry, Um I can't do this" I say as I grab my bag and run out the door so embarrassed. What just happened to me? That's never happened too me before.

Just before I open the door to leave, I hear a soft voice
"Isaiah?". I turned and it was the girl, Naomi, I smiled softly.

"Are you okay? I saw what happened there" she said referring to the incident.
"Oh, yeah i'm okay it was just a small anxiety attack" I chuckled trying to take awkwardness away from the conversation.

"Oh well, I'm sorry it happened. I feel bad" She said, I shook my head
"No, it's totally fine. It wasn't your fault" I said with a smirk on my face.

She smiled and walked back in with the rest of the group. I never felt this feeling before , like ever and I barely knew the girl ! Gosh, just wait until i get to know her. The doors opened and all eyes were on us.

-

hope you enjoyed the first official chapter of this book. it's not as great. sorry bout that !