P R E F A C E + P R O L O G U E

I was sitting on my bed looking at the ground, I was thinking about her. The one I lost, she baked me her final cookie before saying goodbye. I never knew it was gonna be my last cookie and goodbye.

I hear a soft knock on the door and I turn my head to look at the door
"Come in!" I yelled faintly. My mother came through the door with a soft smile on her face, I sighed as she sat by me on my bed.

"You okay Hun?" She asked, I looked at her with a sad look
"No, I'm not. I just lost the most important person in my life, how do you expect me to be fine?" I said looking back at my hands which are wrapped in my mothers'.

"Well, that feels nice" she said sarcastically looking away at my open window, which the curtains are moving with the strong gust of  wind. She furrowed her brows
"Why is the window open? You never leave it open" she asks, I open my mouth but quickly close it to close the window.

I exhale, lately I have been thinking about my grandmother and everything she accomplished in her life and how that was taken away from her with the worst thing in the world. Death. I've been really tired and lonely, I thought what was the point of living if one day, you'll just leave.

I walk back to my mother who is in her own thoughts as well, I wrap my arm around her
"Everything's gonna be fine right?" I ask. She looks at me with a soft smile
"Of course honey, I also have a surprise for you".

I took my head off her shoulder and looked at her
"What is it?!" I said eagerly. She chuckled softly
"I know you've been having thoughts, I want you to know that your grandma wants you to be happy" she explained. I got teary eyed, I did have thoughts about ending it all.

I didn't say a word, I just stared into her chocolate eyes. I loves my mother so much. I look into her eyes, and I see the love in her eyes . I'll never see that again.

"I signed you up for a support group for kids who are going through the same thing as you" she told me with a huge smile on her face. I stare back at her with no expression on my face
"What?" I say looking at the ground again.

"You start tomorrow, get some sleep" she tells me as she rubs my cheek in between her fingers. She walks out the door
"This is your chance too meet new friends!".

Meet new friends? I already got friends, actually I don't. I lost my only friend to cancer a year ago, it was the worst feeling ever and I miss him so very much.

I guess I'm going to a support group in the morning,
"Yaaaaay" I say faintly. I lay in bed and sigh loudly
"Why me?". I turn off my lamp and head off to sleep.

____________________________

SYNOPSIS

❝ i love you, too soon? ❞

❝ nope, you're just fine ❞

in which a boy joins a support group after the tragic death of his grandmother and meets someone who changed his life forever.

CAST

AMIR MITCHELL - TOWNES as ISAIAH BABEINEAUX

AMANDLA STENBERG as NAOMI JAMES

NOTE

i republished this book after i wrote everything better lolol hope y'all like the characters ( those will be the main but their would be other characters throughout the book ) this book is dedicated to josie & connie for giving me the courage to write this book again !! ( madharter isadoraville ) this book will be written mainly in Zay's POV.

_____________________________

michelle